1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 Ram 2500 Battery Saver Mode?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 04ram1500, Jan 4, 2014.

1. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

Has anyone else been having constant problems with their truck going into battery saver mode, and shutting off most of the accesories? I have had the alternator checked, and battery checked everything is "fine"....It doesn't just come up when plowing, it now comes on everytime I start the truck.

IMG_2112.jpg

2. m3klee

m3klee Member

I have had the same thing once each storm I've plowed this year but then it went away. I have not had it happen without the plow on. I started turning the power off on the plow hand controller when I turned the truck off and haven't had it come back on since doing that.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I haven't had it happen to me yet, knock on wood.

4. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

I'm glad its not only me...It seems like it is acting up when its very cold out, today it is 48 degrees and the message didn't come up once.

Maybe I'll try running it back to the dealership and let them look at it.

5. cokrug

cokrug Junior Member

This has been happening to me today as well with my 2014 ram 2500. My plow was on and kept setting the battery saver mode warning off. Called the dealership and they said might be the alternator. If you find anything out i would like to know what they found out.

6. CjBonavenia

CjBonavenia Member

I have a 2015 ram 5500 diesel and run a salt dog and the salter shut off and the letter l came up and I looked it up and it said l means low battery voltage but it has a snowplow prep with a big alternator and 2 batteries I don't see how this happened the lights got dim allso never had a ram befor and allso only second time salting with this truck first time it was about 30 out today was 12 but idk if eny one finds enything out please let me know

7. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

What I have found (with absolutely no help from the dealer)..The factory battery is pathetically undersized even on trucks with the plow prep package. I replaced my factory battery with a new one that has 850CCA and 1000CA....Once in a great while the message still comes up but overall the bigger battery has fixed the issue.