1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 lot truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cat320, Mar 1, 2014.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

So you seea nice truck it's a new '13 but it has 1,400 miles on the odometer and your told that it was there lot plow truck at a dealership.

Seams like a lot of miles for a year even 2 of plowing one place .

What would you take off the price?
  2. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

if they used it last winter and this winter then I would believe it. Id try to get like 4,000 off
  3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I absolutely would not buy it. Most dealers that use vehicles to plow run them hard and cold. They are abused more than likely at every dealership.
  4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Take 25k off.....I would never ever buy a dealers lot plow they pound and pound on those things.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

And imagine every mile going forward they got one going back,,

I would take off from that lot not the price!
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

It seamed like a good deal when I first saw it but when he took a pic of the odometer with all those miles. and your right it was probably not handeled with kid gloves like I would use it . I know I saw a lot truck from a dealership closer to me and it has dents in the bed. it's really like getting a truck broken in before it should of been. I know they are made to work but I like to drive it easy before I start pushing with it.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  8. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

thats really not that many miles for the last two winters though. i mean they have been very snowy. Id take a chance on it if you can get a good discount
  9. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Lot trucks are also what's used by the high school part time kid to beat the snot out of during lunch runs. Personally I wouldn't touch one for any less than $10k off the sticker and free service contract.
  10. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Guys where have you been , they take 10K off new (with 0 miles)trucks for the last 5 year. Even GM and there much tougher than Ford to beat down.
  11. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I probably wouldn't buy it. As someone else said not only do they plow with it they also will use it as a loaner for the salesmen to get lumber etc. They know it will be sold and quick to dump it and not maintain it
  12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I wouldn't buy it unless it was DEEPLY discounted. I worked at a large Ford dealership a few years back and the guy who usually did the plowing was the used car manager's dipsh!t brother who was a piece of work. If you want to see abuse just watch this guy! He rammed piles at 20-30 mph,lol I don't know if he ever broke anything but the piles he made were twice as tall as the truck, the snow would be flying 20ft in the air when he hit the piles. If your looking to buy one, I would make friends with a mechanic so he can replace everything that could be damaged while the warranty is still good.
  13. trevier

trevier Senior Member

12-14k off of sticker
  14. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

This is what happens with dealer plows/trucks.

15. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

It's just like buying a truck off Craig's list or plowsite, you don't know what its been through.
  16. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

That's exactly how Olddog plows. Only thing missing are shopping carts flying 30' in the air
  17. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

More....I got 12k off of a 54k ford with 20 miles
  18. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

600 HP 11,000lbs super duty needs to have fun!
  19. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

There's one other thing nobody has mentioned - break in. Every manufacturer tells you not to tow, plow, etc. for something between 500-800 miles so the truck gets properly broken in before any hard use. Want to guess how much break in the average dealership gives one of their plow trucks?

I run away from it.
  20. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

1400 isn't really a lot, Dennis (dirishman) has 825 miles done in one loader with a 16ft sectional this year alone.

If the plow isn't damage, I would be overly concerned.