1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 Jeep Wrangler - V Plow

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by outdoorimagesct, Oct 23, 2013.

1. outdoorimagesct

outdoorimagesct Junior Member

After careful research and much help from the Jeep V plow threads I have decided to try it out for myself. Below is my new 2013 Jeep Wrangler with cutomized UTV plow 6'6" Boss with 3 inch lift kit to make it work. Without Lift frame was too low to the ground. Enjoy these pics. Cant wait to use it. pics wont upload though
  2. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

3. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

Here you go Thumbs Up

Jk utv2.jpg

Jk utv3.jpg

Jk utv.jpg
  4. jweiss

jweiss Member

Very nice.
  5. outdoorimagesct

Thanks guys. I am very happy with it. Hope it plows well this year. Let it snow
  6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Nice looking plow setup.
  7. outdoorimagesct

Thanks guys. Boss all the way.
  8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Just looked at Boss' specs. Is there really a 300lb difference from the 6'6" to the 7'6" plow???
  9. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Why does it look like the plow is only touching on the ends?? Won't that contribute to wearing a "smile" into the edge?? Really nice setup though!
  10. outdoorimagesct

Blade is fine. Driveway is uneven. I had a choice of a poly 7'6" or customize this 6'6". This was by far the best decision.
  11. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

Would love to see some vids of it working
  12. outdoorimagesct

I will try and produce some videos when we actually get some snow. No snow here yet and looking like its going to be about a month before receive any. Still in leaf season.
  13. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks like a fun little setup. Do your headlights shine out beyond the plow when its raised?
  14. outdoorimagesct

Yes it seems to be just right but there are times that the plow covers the main lights. That's why I installed spotlights at the bottom of the windshield for extra lighting. I will also be running a mini strobe light bar at the top.
  15. bschurr

bschurr Member

That looks like one bad @ss rig! Good luck with her - we are all looking forward to snow!
  16. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Good Luck with that beautiful set up ... but that Jeep is too nice to plow with!!!!!
  17. outdoorimagesct

Thanks guys. I love the setup too. I had the opportunity last year to put the plow on but didn't want to either. But I don't have enough trucks on the road this year so I'm going out with the wife's jeep. Lol. Gotta pay the bills though.
  18. Freedom Dave

Freedom Dave Member

You just answered my question, I have 6 other trucks and want to get another one I can use as back up, yet still enjoy the rest of the year, I have enough trucks and don't really need more now.

I have a mid weight western off a f150 and was hoping to get a jeep wrangler unlimited and put it on there for now. I was worried wouldn't be strong enough but if you have a v-Plow on yours I'm sure I'm good. Did you beef up front end? That's a nice set up I will say.

19. dhow

dhow Junior Member

Boss utv vplow install w/wing kit

Finished nite before storm works like charm. Check out boss plow forum
  20. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

My wife wants one of these on her cherokee BAD! She does great but the 7.5 meyer classic with my fabled 200LB mount (including pump/hoop etc) is to much. Switching to a son way 24 this week for lighter plow and down pressure. That is a sweet setup!