1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 f250 shift problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nick4634, Feb 5, 2014.

1. nick4634

nick4634 Member

Anybody on here with a 2011+ f250 with the 6 speed having a delay when shifting from reverse to forward you can press the gas for like three sec until the engine starts to rev and the truck pulls forward. if u did how did u fix it truck only has like 5 k on it and only 2 months old

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Electronic tranny,will do that, sounds like your in a hurry and not giving it a chance to shift.

3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Make sure the tires aren't rolling when you shift also, that causes a delay too.....

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

That is your answer. My truck does the same thing. Nothing wrong with Trans. That is the way they are designed.

5. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

X3 my 11 and 13 are the same way. slow down your truck will thank you for it.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I should say after you worked it in,it seems to softn a little bit when shifting.

7. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but mine a lot of the time will do the hill braking feature on a slight incline when going reverse to drive. May not be what you're experiencing but throwing it out there

8. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Both of mine took a little while to learn to shift properly. Sometimes it would be a delay from Reverse to Drive and sometimes it was shifting from 1-2. Typically it was when crawling slow through a parking lot then speeding up. It would hiccup and almost not know what to do. No issues since the first few months

9. jim5x5

jim5x5 Member

Try turning off traction control and sway/roll control if you have it.

10. nick4634

nick4634 Member

Ya it definatly delays bad on up hills and I was thinking it was the hill start assist. I don't mind the delay most of the time. But when I'm backing onto a busy road to open entrances it's cry to floor it and not have the engine rev. I do turn traction control off also
    I guess I'll just have to slow it down and try to relax

11. nick4634

nick4634 Member

Ya it definatly delays bad on up hills and I was thinking it was the hill start assist. I don't mind the delay most of the time. But when I'm backing onto a busy road to open entrances it's scary to floor it and not have the engine rev. I do turn traction control off also
    I guess I'll just have to slow it down and try to relax

12. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

My 2012 F350 has about 4500 miles and does the same thing. I was also wondering if something was wrong, but apparently not.

It's probably a good thing so the transmission doesn't shift quickly from reverse to drive wear out faster.

13. 2011F250Lariat

2011F250Lariat Sponsor

my 2011 does the same, many report this issue, there is a TSB out for this, although I can't remember if the 2013 is under the TSB. I know the TSB applies to 2011-12, and they test the fluid pump in the tranny for loosing its prime.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  14. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

It's to help stop cowboys from smoking transmissions! My 13 does it.