1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 F150 5.0 plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ASGM, Oct 15, 2014.

1. ASGM

ASGM Junior Member

Hi, Guys this is my first posting so sorry if I mess something up. I have a 2013 F150 with the 5.0 with electronic power steering and want to put a western HTS on it. Western and Ford say you can't put one on because of the electronic power steering system, and the plow drawing to much power from it. I want to put a second battery on the truck with a battery isolator to run just the plow and to keep the truck charging system and the plow separate. I know it would probably void the warranty on the truck, but I was wondering what you guys though. thanks!

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Don't think it is matter of electrical load but the extra weight on the steer wheels adding loading to the electronic steering. It is my understanding snoway builds a plow for these trucks. Find Basher he can tell you all about it.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Get a Snoway. It will work with your truck.

4. Littlejeep

Littlejeep Junior Member

I agree with Harley. Get a Snoway. It wont void the warranty and you can have down pressure with a wireless controller.