1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 Crew cab Duramax sagging

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Nybillygoat, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Nybillygoat

Nybillygoat Junior Member

so I just put a Fisher Snow caster 7ft 1.5 Yrd. sander in the back of my truck. And in all the years I've never seen a truck sag soo bad. Is this a common problem on 2011-2013 2500hd trucks?

The rear springs are straight..

Thanks

2. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

maybe get timbrens and put a leaf spring in the back

3. matt-max

matt-max Member

add a set of timbrens and double check your tire pressures.
    should be no issues with that size spreader on that truck.

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You put 1.5 tons on a 3/4 ton truck and the springs are straight...?:rolleyes:

5. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

I have a 650 lb salter. when I first put it on a few yrs ago my box did go down maybe an inch. I went to a spring shop an they put a heavy duty truck spring in the back. its about the thickness of two factory leaf springs. now the truck sits better and holds up with salt inside

6. matt-max

matt-max Member

2013 diesel crew has a payload of about 1.5 tons.
    dry sand weighs about 1 1/3 ton per yard. wet sand more of course.
    mound up a load in that spreader and it could be pushing 2 1/2 tons just in material.
    orient that weight so it's hanging off the tailgate, add the driver, fuel, gear, spreader, etc and it will squat, especially if tires aren't at 80psi.
    adding a plow up front will help balance it out somewhat.
    adding Timbrens will take care of the squat. shouldnt need another leaf.