1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 chevy silverado 2500 4x4 L.E.D. everything c-plow lightbar custom switch pannel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chuckraduenz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

So after a few months of having my truck. I finely have 90% of my truck the way I want it.

a few days old nothing installed other than bug delfector and mud flaps
    [​IMG]
    LED taillights and tailgate bar
    [​IMG]
    lightbar added
    [​IMG]
    added 2 extra cab lights
    [​IMG]

2. chuckraduenz

added hiniker c-plow and replaced stock plow head lights with led headlights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also added but no pictures of my power board auto running boards

3. chuckraduenz

the pic above i also added 3 led lights in the grill and changed the black bug deflector to a red one.

my bed rails also includes rear 10w led work lights and between the red marker light and amber marker light i have on each side a amber flashing light when plowing driveways.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i added dual batterys
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. chuckraduenz

[​IMG]
    i made a custom switch panel. all made by me... back lighting and all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. chuckraduenz

6. chuckraduenz

7. chuckraduenz

backlighting in my switch pannel also dims with the factory backlighting

[​IMG]
    the 2nd to last switch goes to my rear worklights either turning them on, off all the time, or auto on in reverse. the last switch is for my back up camera that's wired the same way. on, off, or auto on in reverse.... i also added a relay in side the switch pannel so that the worklights and camera don't come on when the truck is turned off.

console has a 300w inverter for my computer or cordless drill charger. and has a flashlight charger. under that there is a red button so i can trigger the solenoid if my main battery is dead. the same solenoid is also triggered via ign. so when the key is turned on the solenoid is triggered connecting the batterys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    no pictures yet of the solar panel on the lightbar.

i myself installed a astrostart remote car starter with shock sensors 2way remote.

also added linex bed liner.

everything wired and installed my me. cept the plow and the linex!

8. jordanFTW

jordanFTW Member

Would love to see some videos!

9. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Where did you get that switch panel from?

Truck looks awesome and I really like the work lights. Are they from superbrightled?

10. chuckraduenz

video I will get soon.

switch panel I made everything on it. case and all.....

worklights I got from northerntool..

11. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

That's kind of making me want to build myself one instead.

12. chuckraduenz

ya. my last 3 pickups iv built custom switch panels. my 04 chevys switch panel is on here as well and I built it so it would fit in the over head console. but my new truck had no spots. and I didn't want to drill holes in anything. but I built it the way I wanted it....

13. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

So what's gonna happen when the snow flies and your headlights and tail lights are caked with snow? You gonna get out and wipe them off after each pass?

14. chuckraduenz

iv had the led headlights for the last 3yrs and they aren't that bad. you may think so. but if you haven't tried you have no say.....

taillights get covered no matter what ya have. so there is no argument there reguarless if its led or stock. iv always had my taillights covered in snow with either led or stock taillights.

15. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have led rear lights. Or at least had them. They completely cover over right away. But even then, if snow gets on them, they don't heat up enough to melt. Also, every truck I have has stock tail lights and the snow always melts off if the lights are on.

16. chuckraduenz

I have had 2 plow truck prior to this one. and they have always coverd with snow driving down the road or plowing snow. so either way "I" look at it makes no difference if there led or stock. ill take led taillights. you can have what ever you want!

17. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

Everything looks great!! Thats a hell of a lot of wiring, but you've made it all work quite well and the truck looks sick.

Ive got a 9' C Plow, bought it last year. I recommend that you get the box ends that Hiniker sells. They help a lot with back dragging, and are super easily removable with 2 pins each.

18. chuckraduenz

thanks. ya I did all the wireing. I also have another job wiring squad cars and 10+yrs wireing experience. so its easy for me.

iv seen the box ends. and though about it. but 90% of the plow work I have is short drives. I just got it so it did a better job going up to the garage door and pulling it back after I shovel a little bit as I was sick of using a straight blade and having it pack down then id have to shovel more.

19. jordanFTW

jordanFTW Member

What tail lights are those?

20. chuckraduenz

Ipcw......