1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 Chev Truck Questions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GRIZZ88, Dec 16, 2013.

1. GRIZZ88

GRIZZ88 Junior Member
    from WI

Installing my plow on my 2013 Duramax....
    What are you guys using for the negative bat connection?...The new top mount doesn't give many options.

Also how and where did you penetrate the fire wall for the control wires?

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure what you are refering to with the battery. Mine is normal.

Just drill a hole in the firewall, make sure its clear on both sides.

3. GONZO911

GONZO911 Member

We use the engine ground at the front of the engine, also I thought the 2013's had a different type of battery cable end that has a bolt to connect extra accessories to. We use a 5/8" hole saw drill a hole install the grommet that comes with WESTERN PLOW KIT.

4. GRIZZ88

GRIZZ88 Junior Member
    from WI

Gonzo...I ran the power cable to the right side of the truck and mounted the solenoid behind the bat (nice and clean and protected there) the ground cable on the left side battery has a hub to attach an extra eyelet the right side does not....for now I have it connected to the tee bolt that tightens the clamp.....I like my installs to be clean and almost invisible.....I found a boot with some extra room for the wire loom to run into the cab five minutes with the exacto knife and it looks factory....