1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 2500HD steering wheel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by boss75, Jan 11, 2014.

1. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

Hello everyone, My steering wheel on my 2500 WT is made of a hard plastic which feels like the skin of a an alligator after plowing all day. The skin on my hands has worn to the point of being pain full. Short of wearing gloves while plowing has anyone installed some sort of wheel cover or something, thanks Jerry.

2. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

After market leather steering wheel covers have been available as far back as I can remember.

3. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

Just trying to pick someone's brain, don't really want to buy the local auto parts store stuff.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. sargex595

sargex595 Member

I didn't like the feel of my steering wheel 2013 GMC 2500HD Ext. cab from day one. Bought a John Deere steering wheel cover from Tractor Supply and I like the feel better. I changed it soon after I bought the truck (Sept. 2013) so I didn't get to plow with it before I put the cover on. I thought I would give it a quick try for the price. I'm happy so far.

Curt.

5. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

Wow!! Same exact thing here. I have a 2011 SLE with leather wrapped... So much better than the wheel on the 2013 WT!!

6. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

Hello, what type of leather wrap and where did you purchase it, there are some on the web, supposed to feel like a stsock leather wrap, about $75.00, thanks Jerry.

7. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

sorry...I was not clear...Stock wheel that comes along with the SLE package!

8. JBano13

JBano13 Member

You can buy a leather steering wheel like the higher optioned trucks have and just swap them out. And if the steering wheel you have in your truck already has cruise control then you can swap for a steering wheel with audio controls and its just plug and play.

9. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

I picked up a leather cover on line, its pricey, but it has the same looks and feel that I have on my 2008 Silverado with the LT package. Thanks.