1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 2500 duramax & 8'2" poly vxt

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jordanporter1, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Jordanporter1

Jordanporter1 Junior Member
    from Mi

Hello everyone I'm new to the site. I really could use some help on figuring out the best way to install the mount for a 8'2" poly vxt on a 2013 Chevy 2500 hd duramax with appearance package without hacking the bumper. Any input GREATLY appreciated. Was wondering if there is any adapters or anything not to cut the bumper too bad....or any thoughts at all. Thank you
  2. starspangled6.0

starspangled6.0 Senior Member

Do you have pics of your front end? If you've got one of those air valances that the 1500 Chevy's have, you can take it off by popping out those plastic body fasteners. I know on my 03 Sierra 2500HD, they just squished the bumper a little bit to make it fit. As far as I know, there aren't any adapters to available to avoid cutting or adjusting the bumper; that's just how BOSS designed their mounting system.
  3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Boss usually takes the most cutting.

I would be looking for a spare bumper if I were you
  4. The only way that do not do any cutting installing nearly any plow is to jack up your truck about 6 inches. The mount must be a certain height from the ground for it to work right. On my 2013 2500 HD Chevy Boss DXT install, about 4 inches was cut out of the bottom strip valance on both sides ( it now has three sections ) and cutting about a 5-6 inch vertical half oval out of the next plastic section. The mounting tabs stick out far enough to hook up, and you can not see the Boss logo, you about gotta be looking for it to see it. Sorry, no pictures, my computer does not like my cell phone. When hooking up, I do it slowly and get out and look a few times to avoid breaking anything.