1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 1500 LT Crew Z71 Vibration at Idle

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ramair2k, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Hi guys,

I have a brand new, 300 miles, LT Crew Cab with the 5.3L v8. I noticed at idle, red light, parked, etc...the truck will vibrate, some times its bad and others its subtle. Is this a known issue with these truck or should I take it in to the dealer to investigate?
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know if the age is relevant or not, but my 99 vibrates at idle as well. Seemed normal to me. I don't remember my 11 doing it, but it could be because your engine isn't broken in yet.
  3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

www.gm-trucks.com/forums - Its normal for the 5.3 as well as piston slap when its cold and a quart of oil consumption with the AFM.
  4. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Thanks, a lot of the research I have been doing shows its normal as well, but its annoying. My 202 F150 used to do the same and in the end I jus ended up getting used to it.:rolleyes: