1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013 1500 LT Crew Cab Rear Brake Whine

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ramair2k, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I have a brand new, 1200 miles, silverado that makes a whine when coming to a slow stop and or inching up in traffic/red lights. This happens once in a while, not every single time, nor does it happen under heave braking. Its only happening under light brake pressure and coming to a slow stop. Its very annoying for a 45k NEW truck. My guess is dirty rear brake drums?? Has anyone else had this problem? Appt with dealer on Friday morning, but of course they say they have never heard of this.:rolleyes:

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Mine is a 2011 and I never heard it or just never noticed. Mine has 26k on it now.

3. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

consider yourself lucky because its very frustrating. I am hoping Friday's trip to the dealer is an easy fix. Besides that noise, I friggin love my truck!! Every day I climb into it puts a smile on my face.:D