1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2013-14 Ohio Snow & Ice Thread

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Young Pup, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

What's up fellas? Ready for another snow fighting season!!! YOLO !!!!!

3. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

what do you think on this winter jp is it going to be better than last year.

4. BruceK

BruceK Senior Member

Muffy check out the link YP posted. According to that we will be having to modify our snow stacking plans to handle this winter.!!!!!

5. Young Pup

I think we have the potential for another good year. The chatter is starting to ramp up on the weather forums and they are leaning that way too. payup

6. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Lookin good, bring it on.... Its nice to have a break from the daily grind of these dam mow crews.... Everyone whines, guys and their drama.. Lookin forward to pusin some cold white stuff.

7. BruceK

BruceK Senior Member

Heard there was frost in parts of Ohio Saturday morning. The cold is coming early.

8. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

I was just thinking it was about time for this thread to start! Looking forward to a good winter, although we need to buy some equipment and salt to be totally ready.

Jp, you pay for skyeye right? I have checked it out a few times this year and I am trying to figure out if it's worth it? They seem to be more accurate than others I see. I am just not sure if it's worth it through the rest of the year. What is your take?

9. golfcar

golfcar Member

Ready for the change in weather. I'm looking forward to playing in the snow.

10. Young Pup

I use it year round. Good source of information and Rich ( the owner) is pretty accurate. Josh, who posts on there does a fantastic job as well.

11. Young Pup

You can always check out this free site. AbsoluteVorticity.com

Guys that used to be on skyeye post there. You must register before you can see the forum. :)

Edit: Tell them I sent you there, and I get a free Corvette. LOL

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  12. magneto259

magneto259 Senior Member

Hey fellas what is a good site to get past total snow accumulations? I can never find one worth a crap! I think I can find stuff on the NOAA's site on occasion but it is a super pain in the ass to navigate! Thanks in advance!

13. Young Pup

Try this:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/

14. magneto259

magneto259 Senior Member

Awesome! Thanks for the help. I forgot about that site.

15. Young Pup

No problem. :nod:

16. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Anyone on here looking to pick up some work or sub out some work in the Mansfield area please PM me!

17. SkyhawkSteve

SkyhawkSteve Junior Member

Dollar General Stores

Anyone know or willing to share who has the Dollar General Stores in Southwest Ohio, we have had several built and just opening in the area, and would like to see if there is any work to add.

Thanks and have a great season

:yow!::drinkup:ussmileyflag

18. magneto259

magneto259 Senior Member

What rates are you guys running on deicing? Last year I was running about 17 lbs per 1000 square feet with good results. Lots of posts I read push the ton per acre figure. Last year I got beatup on a couple bids because they said my salt was too high.

19. CBJason

CBJason Junior Member

20. Young Pup