1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 under hood install nothing works?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wing 97, Oct 31, 2012.

1. wing 97

wing 97 Junior Member
    from ct

Purchased everything needed at dealer to adapt my harness from a 07 classic to install on a new 2012 3500 including a new 3 port mod. At this point nothing works when hooked up to my mm1 or when hook up to my mm2. Checked all the connections and swapped out controller. I am not sure if it matters but one of the harnesses is a 29047 but that part number is not listed on the instructions. My next step is to call the dealer but the plowsite community is probably more knowledgable. Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Was the old system a four port and did you keep any of the wiring from the old truck or is it all new? I just installed the wiring from a '05 F350 to a '12 F250 and used one of the harnesses but had to get an adapter that the dealer didn't initially give to me! However, I knew something wasn't right because I still had four plugs but now only three ports! Without seeing what you have, it's hard to help!