1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 Kubota M7040 tractor FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by merrimacmill, Nov 27, 2014.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

For sale is my 2012 Kubota M7040 tractor.

This was bought late fall 2012 for the 2013 winter. We used it the past couple years for snow only and that was it - never saw anything but snow and spent the rest of its time inside the garage.

The factory plastic is still on the seat and it's literally like a brand new machine.

It has about 300 hours.

It is loaded with the creature comfort options, heat/AC, rear wiper, radio/CD player, etc..

This unit DOES has the front loader hydro valves and control factory installed, but doesn't have a loader as I only used it with a snow blower on the back. Although it does have the largest available weight kit on the front. It also has the extra rear remote hydro valves for the blower or other rear attachments.

This unit runs fine with the full size 92" inverted blowers, or you can add a front mount plow or loader.

$34,000

Let me know if you have any questions - this is a truly new unit! I'm just getting out of the biz and this is the last unit left.

image.jpg

2. merrimacmill

from MA

For some reason on my ipad I can only post one pic at a time .... Bear with me..

image.jpg

3. merrimacmill

from MA

And another angle...

image.jpg

4. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

One picture of some shredded plastic on a machine you are selling for 34k?

Edit: sorry too soon.

5. merrimacmill

from MA

Last one for now...

image.jpg

6. merrimacmill

from MA

Haha, I know. The plastic on the seat is getting worn after 300 hours, but it pains me to remove the factory plastic..

7. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

Do you still have the inverted blower that goes with?

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Why are you getting out? Seemed to have built up the biz quite nicely since you started with the little john deere and reg cab dirtymax

9. merrimacmill

from MA

This sale is for the tractor only. I would recommend talking to Paul (Neige) about getting a blower for her if your actually interested.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  10. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

I been looking at this machine for a while. I want to purchase it but its just hard due to the fact im only gonna use it for the snow.

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I had the same thought, Jared.

12. merrimacmill

from MA

I've always made my majority income from property management. The deeper I get into that business, the harder it becomes to intentionally chase the stress and pitfalls that snow removal brings with it. It got to a point of if I don't need to, why would I? I still have my hands in the industry a little bit, but not anywhere near where I was. Don't get me wrong, I love the industry, I love the snow, and even the business. But we can all admit that it has its headaches that just naturally come with the territory... Any business has its headaches, but snow is an unpredictable, highly competitive, emergency service so the intensity of it is on a different scale.

I have to say, while the transition was a bitter sweet decision to make - I came out of it flush and do not miss the stress at all. In fact, the first snow happened last week here, and I was lazing around the house cracking a bottle of wine with the woman - watching the neighbors shovel their driveways.. It was an amazing feeling.

Although, I still find myself leaping out of bed every so often from sleeping and checking the weather outside.. Its like I have post traumatic plowing disorder engrained in my DNA at this point...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  13. merrimacmill

from MA

Almost all my equipment has been snow only. We would run almost 20 pieces in the winter, and one truck and one skid steer in the summer. This (and all of) my tractors were snow only pieces of equipment.

Its a pretty reasonable thing to do with these M7040s seeing as they are not all that expensive. I mean, this unit would cost you less than $10k a year to own if you do your numbers right.

Let me know if you have any questions on it, or want more pics.

14. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Just out of curiosity, I see larger tractors such as Neige's servicing 150 drives in a 4 hour period.

Now in a tight route how many property's can an M7040 service in a decent snowfall in roughly the same time frame?

15. merrimacmill

from MA

I cannot imagine needing to go down the driveway faster than the M7040 would allow. I think having a faster travel speed would be dangerous for other reasons.. The only time I've ever had to play with the clutch to slow down and let the blower work was during NEMO a couple years ago when I had to snow blow a solid 2' on the whole driveway and 3+' at the end of the driveway with the snow bank. So the answer is yes, it will perform in the same timeframe. Although the ground speed may be slightly slower (by a couple milers per hour). But if you have drive time, there is no way you will get 150 done in 4 hours.

Also remember, in the driveway biz, every single second counts immensely. If the driver slows down AT ALL or even a single thing goes wrong with the equipment, the whole route is cooked at that point and its time to start calling customers with an explanation.

16. merrimacmill

from MA

Bumping this post again

17. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

What variant of the M7040 is this tractor?

18. merrimacmill

from MA

M7040HDC-1

Is that the information your looking for? Not completely sure what info your after.

19. andy34

andy34 Junior Member

Kuota 7040

Sorry I posted your pm on the thread. Check pm's please.

20. merrimacmill

from MA

Bump - Still for sale