1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 gmc siearra

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by CaptCaveman, Dec 16, 2012.

1. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

Does anyone know which side of the headliner the factory plug is hidden under the headliner in the rear of a 2012 GMC for the beacon light?

I am thinking that I will run this wire down the inside behind the molding under the seat and connect a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug to the end for a magnet mount strobe and run the wire for the light out the rear door when I need it and remove the whole thing when I don't....and use the factory on and off when traveling. Nice,Neat and clean.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The wire is taped above the drivers side about a foot in from the outside. What a lot of guys do is run the wire out the 3rd break light. They add a quick disconnect to the end of the wire then clip the cig plugs off their mini bars (etc.) And connect the other end of the plug to where the cig plug was. The look is a lot cleaner than having it come from out the door then across the roof. Someone will post pics I am sure so you can actually see what I am talking about.

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Mine was bundled up in the back of the center overhead, behind the switch. And yeah I just fish them out the third brake light for roof mount

4. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

Sounds great....But I still would like to be able to switch it from vehicle to vehicle if needed. I am thinking that mount a cig plug by the rear shoulder harness (at the top) run the wire across the roof into the back window when needed and take it out and store under the seat when not in use.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

What of you put a quick disconnect on the other half of the cig plug as well?

6. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

Sounds like extra work...plug in my truck and I still have to do nothing to the service trucks or dumps...If I need it.
    Hell It can go on any loader or backhoe as well.
    Why would I want to add quick disconnects to 15 other vehicles?

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Just saying people do it, if you want it universal. It would take a extra 5 min to crimp some connectors on the cig plug and it'd be done. You wouldn't be adding the disconnects to the other trucks just the cig plug. 1 light 2 disconnect plugs.

8. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

Thanks,
    But I still don't see the need for it. All trucks have a cig plug and all machines have a cig plug....just saying I could put a quick disconnect on all of them...Ohh wait, that's what a cig plug is "a point to disconnect the power quickly"