1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 gmc 2500 hd denali

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CaptCaveman, Dec 30, 2012.

1. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

First off I am sorry for all the nonsense that was created on the other thread I started by not clarifying my request more clearly.

I have a 2012 GMC 2500HD Denali with the factory snow plow prep package and the outside air temp gauge is located in the wrong spot from the factory (behind the grill)to allow traveling with a plow and is interfering with the climate control system in the cab....

IF YOU HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND FIXED IT...Please post a fix

I know what causes it and am not interested in discussing it with anyone that doesn't have a productive fix...like where they relocated and it worked.
    Thanking you in advance for any help with the fix...and thank you for not posting anything if it is not on-topic and helpful to my problem

No post wh@res please.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

A couple people in the other thread said they fixed it by relocating the temp sensor. Pretty common modification for these trucks with plows.

3. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

My dealer fixed the problem with no questions asked. 20 minutes. Said it happens all the time.

4. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

Thanks Drakeslayer...I will look into it tomorrow