1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 GMC 1/2 ton has troubleeeds to b with Western Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by diekmanb, Feb 26, 2013.

1. diekmanb

diekmanb Junior Member
    from Ohio

Last Feb. I bought a 2012 GMC 1/2 ton 4x4. Dealer said Western had a plow that would fit this model, bought the package, no snow to plow until this Dec. Plow when lifted and angled is 1 1/2 inch higher on one side. Truck needs to be raised, then it sets right. Anyone else have this problem?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What? So when the plow is in the air, and angled to the right,,the drivers side is higher? Same with the left? Is that what your saying??

3. diekmanb

diekmanb Junior Member
    from Ohio

Angled to the left, right side is off the ground. The plow is a western HTS

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

With the plow in the air, angled? sounds normal to me. The A-Frame, when raised, does not stay level to the ground causing that. Completely and absolutely normal.

5. dieselss

Ok. So your concerned about this. How about a picture?

6. diekmanb

diekmanb Junior Member
    from Ohio

Meant when NOT lifted, angled left, right side up in air. Can not plow when angled left. Working with company that put it on for dealership, have changed all parts, down to new plow. Still off unless front end lifted 2 inches.

7. dieselss

So is anything Binding? How's the pivot pins and the pivot bolt.

8. 2006Sierra1500

How is it angled right? If it does the same thing, the A-Frame is out of adjustment.

9. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

sounds like guys that install it had no ideal how its done .. it wasnt a western dealer was it . i would make dealer have install done at western dealer, because it might just be the start of trouble once they figure out how to get plow right

10. diekmanb

diekmanb Junior Member
    from Ohio

It was installed at a western at a Western dealer. They say the truck sits too low. GMC Dealer is going to install a lift kit. They say that truck (1/2 ton)should not be used for plowing. But they sold it to me to plow. Been plowing 30+ years. First problem.

11. 2006Sierra1500

The plow should be adjusted to the truck height. Plenty of guys running 2012 GMC and Chev 1500s with plows. YardMedic has a Fisher 7'6'' RD on his truck, which weighs roughly 637 pounds.