1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 F350 aux switch wiring

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 2012F350, Dec 15, 2013.

1. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

My plan is to use one of the up fitter switches to send power to the plow controller. My question is, where do these switches get wired? I am sure the switch is not intended to run any kind of amperage but more used to run a relay. Do they already have relays in the truck that they control?
  2. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

I read in the manual that two of them are 20 amp and two are 30.
  3. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

Well that's just perfect. I imagine the plow controller only draws 5 amps or so.
  4. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

Amazing what you can find on YouTube. Ford even has pass through wires already in the firewall that you can hook up to the auxiliary switches to run stuff under the hood.

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

With the fuse panel being a pain to get to on our 2011's we just hooked to a up fitter switch for the trigger. They are under the drivers feet easy to get to. Both of our trucks use no.4 to turn on the plow and spreader. No.3 runs rear lights on the spreader, no.2 runs my prewet pump ,and no.1 is for the roof light but I haven't yet fished a wire up through the head liner and out the third brake light. My brother did it on his but he has a regular cab and mine is a crew.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  6. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

As mentioned, they are stubbed under your feet. There are 4 wires grouped together with black plastic ends to seal them up. The manual will tell you which color goes to which switch. Super simple.
    There's also a group outside the firewall as well.
  7. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

Found them and hooked up. It was almost too easy. My plow is hooked to number 1. That leaves number 2 for the rocket launchers, number 3 for the ejection seat and number 4 to power the Flux Capacitor.
  8. wils5150

wils5150 Member
    from mass

those flux capacitors draw some serious amps lol