1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 F250 boss plow controller location question?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Joks79, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Joks79

Joks79 Junior Member

Where are you guys putting the controller in the new Fords with boss plow? Mine has the center council in it. Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I assume its not the hand held type.

3. Joks79

Joks79 Junior Member

It is a handheld. In my 06 I just had the wires some up between the seats. Now with the center council I'd like to see what other people have done.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I have the same truck, the handheld goes between the seat and the console. Mine is a western tho.

5. Joks79

Joks79 Junior Member

There doesn't seem like a lot of room for the wires.

6. grandview

I just hang it on the shifter.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Next to black ice??

8. Jimmy_B

Jimmy_B Junior Member

I brought my cable in through the firewall on the driver's side, then routed it under the center console near the front of it so the connector hangs out on the passenger side. I used a fish tape to do this so I didn't have to remove anything. When I plug the controller in I leave it there all winter and store it in the console pocket on the passenger side.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  9. grandview

Maybe were talking different things.

boss control.jpg

10. Jimmy_B

Jimmy_B Junior Member

Maybe we are, and I apologize if I misunderstood your question. I have a Hiniker, not a Boss, but it's still a hand held controller like you've shown. My controller plugs into the connector I pictured. When not in use I coil up the controller cable and put it in the pocket in the center console.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  11. Joks79

Joks79 Junior Member

Jimmy_b. That's what I was looking for. Thank you!

12. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

I have a western with a hand held and I mounted the clip right to the dash with double faced tape and clip it right there behind the shifter and leave it there when I plow. works great and is less wear and tear on the controller wires, they tend to break on the western controller's, I don't have a photo but I can post if you like.