1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 F150 ecoboost sno way

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by F150boost, Feb 22, 2015.

1. F150boost

F150boost Junior Member

Hello all, I'm looking for input on putting a sno way 26 on my f150 ecoboost. I've done all the searching I can about the sno way and ecoboost but can't find any real input from people who actually have this set up. This would be strictly a residential plowing two driveways, and I have also looked at options of using an atv or " beater" truck. Just looking for any input about the sno way on a ecoboost and a good sno way dealer in the New England area.

Thanks in Advance.

2. ThomasD.

ThomasD. Junior Member

Don't have any experience with the newer eco-boost power plants but I plowed with my '04 (5.4L) F-150 short bed / snoway 26 for 6 years with absolutely no issues. It was strictly my own personal residential & neighborhood area but was quite happy with it until we moved to a hillside. I've since upgraded to an F-350 w/ a 10' Snoway Revolution because of the new terrain.

3. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Contact Basher. He is you best bet on getting information on a Snoway Plow and a Ford F150 Ecoboost.
    He is a Snoway dealer.

snowtech@basherandson.com

4. F150boost

F150boost Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys, so far I've heard nothing but good things about snoway. I'll contact basher. Thanks again

5. wadadlianu

wadadlianu Junior Member
    from NH

I would suggest you speak with a Ford tech on this. The electric power steering trucks will develop problems with snow plows on the front. That is the reason that the only snow plow package on a 2011 F150 was equipped with the 6.2. I know I am new to the forum but I am very familiar with the issues that this combination will create.

6. wadadlianu

wadadlianu Junior Member
    from NH

That should read from 2011 to 2014 only 6.2 engine F150 could carry a plow prep package. For 2015 Ford has a 5.0 plow prep package.