1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 F150 ECOBOOST Electronic Steering Issues

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by OptimumSolution, Mar 29, 2016.

1. OptimumSolution

OptimumSolution Junior Member

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site.

I currently have a 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost. I was looking to get a plow for it but many people are saying that I shouldn't because of some Electrical steering issues that Ford has. I contacted several Ford Dealer ships and they just said that it was because of the weight and didn't know anything about any electrical issues. and then I contacted Ford Customer Service and they did not know anything either.

has anyone heard of ant issues or point me in the right direction? Does anyone recommend an specific plows that would work with my F150?
    Thank you in advance.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Snoway has a fit for you

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I just put a Western Mid-weight for the season. Its a 2015 with 5.0. No problem. I'm pretty sure that has electric steering

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I think I remember back in the day the excuse being that the charging system couldn't handle plow and steering at same time over time......

Weight of plow is an "issue" for any truck. Don't really mean that but sorta

5. OptimumSolution

OptimumSolution Junior Member

Ok. Great information guys. I appreciate it. I'll do a little more digging. The Snoway plow looks nice but definitely more expensive then the others.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Western HTS

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Basher said something about them being one of the only ones actually approved. That may have changed

8. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

Check into Boss . I think they have a plow just for this truck!