1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 f-550

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Big Dog D, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Finally got a chance to snap a few pics of my latest set-up. Te two strobes on the head board are temporary until I get a chance to mount up a Whelen Edge 9M Mini bar.

We fabricated the stainless platform our selves and installed all of the lights and wiring on the sander. We are working on the new 3-4 yd Iriquois dump body for it now. Bought it just in primer and will do the install and paint ourselves once we get done customizing the body to the way I want it.

2012 F-550 diesel 4x4
    9Ft Fisher M/C series
    2012 Torwell Sander 4 yard stainless

#26 Frnt.JPG

#26 Rt.JPG

#26 RR.JPG

#26 rear.jpg

#26 Sandr Elec.JPG
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Gonna need this tomorrow and Saturday!
  3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Made up a plastic box with aluminim cover plate to mount up the connection for the sander connections. Tried to keep everything as water proof as possible.

#26 Sandr Plg.JPG
  4. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Very nice.
  5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

im jealous real nice truck
  6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

looks very nice good luck with her. looks like you put alot of work into the lights and wireing. i'm sure the switch pannel inside is just as nice .
  7. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

im in LOVE
  8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Can I borrow that !!!!!!!
  9. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Im not a ford guy but thats a dope ass truck.
  11. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

12. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Nice looking set up. I have a couple of questions, what rated coild springs are in the front #7000? and how far does the exle site off the bump stops when the plow is raised?
  13. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

14. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice Big Dog!!
  15. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Just a question, dont know if you know, but on the gas/hydrualic drive ones, can you adust the conveyor and spinner differently from in the cab, or is it just a clutch before the hydrulic pump and they run straight up...
  16. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck! getting everything ready for the big storm??
  17. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

BADASS Rig....Is it for plowing for the state or Uxbridg ?. Not being a dick but don't forget to put the new red registration sticker on your plate
  18. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Sweet. I wanted an F550 PSD dump, even test drove 2 of them..and they were all that and a bag of chips. But money was an issue...FMC wanted $7500 down and $900 a month for 60..simply out of my budget. So I ended up with the '12 F250 with the 10K GVW and the 9.5 Xv. And I am very pleased. While the F550 would have been great and all, the reality is this pickup is far better suited to plowing my route. And I still have the 2000 F550.
  19. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Hope you do lots of work with it, and make lots of....payup
  20. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

What type of gas mileage are you getting & what gear do you have in it ? I also have a 2012 F-250 gas job with 3.73's and this truck I sh!t you not gets between 17.8-18.1 mpg's on the highway if i keep the rpm's at 1,500. Even around town it gets 14 plus consistently, granted I'm not hauling any real weight, but I'm real impressed with this truck.