1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 F-350 diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jbovara, Dec 14, 2011.

1. jbovara

jbovara Junior Member

I just bought an F-350 Diesel swr, and regular cab, FX4 and snowplow prep package all bells and whistles. I equipped the truck with 8'6" Boss straight blade. My first question is this blade to big for the truck? The reason I ask is it pulls the font end down more than I want it to. The next question is what can I do about it?

Thanks for the help

2. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

The plow for that truck is a great size and to keep the front end from getting pulled down add Ballast in the bed of your truck. For Ballast go to home depot and buy some sand bags should be about the same weight as the plow.

3. jbovara

jbovara Junior Member

thanks, what about stiffer springs or something.

4. fordtruck661

from CT

yeah you can get some Timberlins or crank up the torsion bars a few turns

5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

There aren't any torsion bars on a ford superduties. You could replace the springs with ones out of a 450 or 550, but the ride is going to be rougher when the plow is off.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  6. 05ram

05ram Member

Good luck, but wheres the pics?

7. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

buy some air bags for the front coils $125 roughly for the set and when the plow is off you can let the air out.

8. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Whats your FGAWR on the door sticker?

9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

any pictures?

10. jbovara

jbovara Junior Member

Pics on the way

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

One Ford owner tells another Ford owner to crank the T-bars........that's awesome.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  12. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I thought that to be pretty comical myself. Thumbs Up

13. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

I bought a leveling kit for my 06 350 and run 35" tall tires with a 9' blade and have no problem. I'm not sure if the suspension on the new trucks changed from 06 but a leveling kit is less than a 100 bucks and a couple hours to put on. Pic of the truck with the blade lifted, plenty of space between the fenders and tires.

[​IMG]

14. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

I haven't plowed with my '11 yet with my 8.5' Fisher, but I have had the plow on and it has handled it just fine.

15. fordtruck661

from CT

I guess that is what happens when I try and read more than one post and then answer a question lol For some reason I was thinking he had a F150 when I wrote it. Oh well the laugh is on me. :laughing:

16. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

its an F350, you dont have to do anything to it, the front of all trucks are naturally sloped down anyways, any doubt take a measurement of the drop. If you have the 6k front end, then you are plenty fine.

17. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Just get a set of Timbrens. Fast, easy, and they work

18. jbovara

jbovara Junior Member

The leveling kit sounds like a good solution what is involved with that?

19. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

This is your best advice so far. I would think about also doing a leveling kit, just because I hate to always ride downhill.

20. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

ahhhh, timbrens won't touch when the plow is off the truck....so you'll be riding downhill anyway.

I recently saw a set of coil spacers on another PS members truck, and ordered a set myself. They correct the "downhill" ride syndrome. They run anywhere from $75 - $250 on ebay. I haven't installed mine yet, but Dylan said it was just a matter of jacking the truck up and loosening the coil....maybe an hours work from start to finish.