1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 Duramax without Snow Prep Package

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Wiedmann, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Wiedmann

Wiedmann Member

Bought a new 2012 duramax this year. at the time i wasn't planning on using it for snow but to make a long story short I have gain the opportunity to push snow this winter for my clients. Downfall is I didn't get the snow prep package on the truck, bad move on my part. My question is has anyone put a plow on a newer 2500hd duramax with the 5,200 front axles, and if so what did they use?
  2. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

You can put just about any plow on that and it will hold it fine , but you will void your warrenty.
  3. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

X2 my dearler said the same... no prep package no warrenty
  4. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have a 2007 LMM with lighter front end and I ran a vee plow. Now I have a Wideout on it. You are fine. Also, regarding warranty. If something major happens, then just remove plow and wiring then take it in. They can only negate warranty on items directly related to plow being on truck. Like frame cracking or something. Which will not happen. Dont worry, your truck is a monster and will handle anything you put on it. If my truck can handle what I throw at it, then you will be fine