1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 Duramax Muscle

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Second Nature, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Second Nature

Second Nature Member
    from Ohio

Ingredients:

Combine...
    4 weeks of truck research
    $55,000
    6 weeks of patience

With a little luck, this will produce a 2012 GMC 2500HD 4wd SLT with plenty of options.

When cool to touch, add:
    Splash guards
    Bed rail caps
    Vent visors
    Side steps
    Better mats

Results should resemble this:

945.jpg

2. Second Nature

Second Nature Member
    from Ohio

After truck has set for a few days...

Have qualified specialty shop install Super Liner in the custom color of your choice.
    Order a new B&W Tow and Stow 5" drop hitch.
    Begin research on your next snow plow.

Meanwhile, truck begins to show signs of being finished...

939.jpg

947.jpg

3. Second Nature

Second Nature Member
    from Ohio

While waiting for snow plow install, add these following ingredients:

Extra body side molding strip to front of bed
    Chrome molding caps on all body side molding
    Z71 Decal (replaces boring '4x4' decal)

Wash and detail...when dry and clean:

Have Western dealer install one brand new WideOut plow. Order the deflector for a later project.

If all ingredients combine well, this is the almost-end result:

960.jpg

962.jpg

958.jpg

4. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Sweet! But, man, that's a lot of coin. I bought a brand new K25 in 1979 for $7500 out the door.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. My 11 is the best truck I have ever owned so far. The new frame and suspension is a big improvement.

6. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Wow and your going to plow with that :eek:
    Looks realllllly NICE!!

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck and I like your plans for it. Good to see another extended cab long bed, especially a new one.

8. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

Sweet Rig. I like the sprayed in bedliner. Good luck this season.

9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

yaaaa long bed looks awesome. when i read the part about research what plow to get i was thinking wideout.. then scroll down and there it was. good choice!! where you at in ohio

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  10. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Thats is one awesome truck

Thats is one awesome truck

11. Second Nature

Second Nature Member
    from Ohio

My previous #1 truck was a cc-sb GMC with the DM engine. I thought about it and decided I'd rather have the extra bed area than seat space. A bit of restlessness when I ordered it, but that went away. I really like this truck config. I live in southern Ohio, where I own a (might guess) landscape company.

Thanks for the comments so far. Next week this truck goes in for company graphics and logo. New Whelen strobe for the cab sitting in the shop. Here's a design image of the graphics...my own design, but a whiz-bang computer artist brought it to fruition.

sketch-2.jpg

12. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

sure is a beauty!

13. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Nice truck gradulations it looks great. I just bought a gmc I was wondering if you had any pictures of the it
    with it the plow on. I am curious to see how much they had to cut to fit the mount. My plow is going on this week and I hope they don't do a bad job. Thanks and good luck this year.

14. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

with the plow off sorry was typing on my phone.

15. Second Nature

Second Nature Member
    from Ohio

The dark plastic valance is actually 2 parts...upper and lower. I had them remove the entire lower section (about 3") and leave it off. They had to significantly notch the upper valance for the receivers. The tow loops were not removed, and I'm glad for that. I don't really miss the lower valance piece right now. When the plow receivers come off in the spring, I might decide to put that lower section back on and see how the truck looks. Might look like a $55,000 truck with 2 holes in the lower front!.....

:blush2:

16. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

when I installed my boss on my 11' chevy I didn't have to cut anything. Just take the lower spash guard off.. good lookin truck

17. Second Nature

Second Nature Member
    from Ohio

The Boss is a fine plow and I have one in the fleet. The mount and frame are considerably lower to the road surface than the Western UltraMount. This does allow some installations without altering the lower valance. It also usually means a lower ground clearance over obstacles and such. The nature of the beast.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Extended Cab Long Bed Thumbs Up

No guts, no glory :laughing:

19. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Thanks for the Info. I hate to be a pain but do you have any pictures. My plow is going on Monday and I am a nerves wreck all weekend I don't want a nice new truck that cost a lot of money look like garbage in front. Like I said I have seen some nice jobs and some jobs that look like a big cut was made. The plow shop I use is good but they did not tell me how much or how far over they would have to go they just said it has to be cut so when you wind the handle up it does not hit. I am almost thinking of getting a fisher or a boss just for the fact I don't want big holes. I have seen a few Fisher jobs and it does not look bad. Thanks again and good luck.

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow nice truck!