1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 Dodge Ram mount ?????

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LwnmwrMan22, Oct 4, 2012.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a 2012 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi to go with my 2006 Dodge 2500 CTD and 2012 Dodge 2500 CTD.

My question is this......

The boss mount # is LTA04770"c" for this truck, correct?

I ask because there are alot of used mounts for 2003+ Dodge 2500's, but from what I've seen is the mount changes to a "c" for the 2010-2012 Dodge 2500's.

Also, where is the number located at on the mount, if I go look at one? I'm torn. I think I might just pay the $180 extra to buy new too.
  2. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

That is the correct part # yes. The 3rd Gen (2003-2009 Ram 2500) part # was the same but ending with a "B".
    The part # is not on the mount itself ... though it should be.
    You could make a 3rd Gen mount work on a 4th Gen with a little work. See "Boss Service Bulletin SV 89".
    Another note: The headlight adapters have also been upgraded for the 4th Gen Ram.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Identifying (and converting) a B from a C is easy if you know what you're looking at. I'll include the service bulletin if you're looking at used mounts and wish to convert a B to a C. Pics makes it easy.

Attached Files:

• SV89.pdf
      File size:
      124.6 KB
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I appreciate the help guys.

There are very few "C" brackets around, anywhere in the country. I know of a couple, but shipping is somewhat a hassle.

If I can't find one by Thursday, my local Boss shop is just putting a new mount on.

I hate putting used parts on a new truck anyways, but figured if I could find a deal, then I'd go for it.

So far the only used one I can find is in N. Michigan, and I'm by Minneapolis, MN.

I need to quit buying new trucks.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012