1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 Dodge Ram 2500 ... no daytime running lights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mopard, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

First the drls worked fine, then they didn't, then they did and now they seem to be off for good. What are you guys with the 4th Gen Dodges and Boss plows doing to solve this? I've read lots of guys having this problem after a new install on a new truck but can't seem to find anything to help.

2. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Ok, well the drls came back on last night ... I don't know ... here we go. Looking like my '06 all over again.

3. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Use the headlight knob on the dash and rotate it clockwise.

4. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I don't understand ... that's how I always operate my headlights. How does this have anything to do with the drls?

5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Just use your normal headlights instead of the DRLs.

Dodge is kind of a ying and yang thing with working parts.

The truck needs a certain amount of broken crap to function and be balanced. If you fix one thing, another will break. I'm sure you can live with having to turn the knob. If you fix that, you'll probably have the rear end lock up or something expensive.

It's part of the allure to owning a dodge.

6. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Something expensive? heh heh these TIPMs cost about $1000 to replace each time ... I know because I went through 3 of them on my '06 and is what I'm trying to avoid again. The next thing that happens is no headlights at all and you can't ignore that can you.
    I don't know what year of Dodge you're refering to but I disagree completely and don't ignore problems ... especially electrical/computer related. These light problems didn't start until I switched from Curtis plows to Boss on the same '06 truck. No problems with the '04 and Curtis but that was before the TIPM. I can't believe we are still going through this same crap with the 2012 ... both the truck and plow are brand new 2012. You would think that a snow plow prep pkg would include some forethought into hooking up plow lights to the truck ... and you would think Boss would be onto this also. I'm not the only one having this problem after a new Boss install on a new Dodge. Dodge says it's a Boss problem ... and Boss says it's a Dodge problem ... and the consumer is left holding the bag.
    And just for the record, I could really care less about the drls myself ... it's the costly problems down the road that this will cause that are the concern.

7. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Mopard - I just sent you a private message to arrange a phone call with one of our engineers to discuss the issue that you are having. Thank you!

8. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Thank you Jody!

9. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

I decided last week to buy a new Boss.8 foot trip edge straight blade.I have my best price and dealer to do the install ect.I also have a 2012 reg cab gas truck,Should I hold off until this light issue/problem is resolved? thanks David

10. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I don't know if the Hemi 2500 is having the same problem. If you have a 1500 I have no idea. If you need a plow I'd install it and know that Boss engineers are working on it. Let us know how you make out.

11. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

My truck is a 2500.Hopefully this will not be a issue with my truck&plow set up.Im looking forward to getting it installed .prob last first week of January.Allthough I will be buying/paying for it lext week,So I can get the 200 rebate