1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 chevy silverado 2500 hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PLOWMAN45, Feb 1, 2016.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a remote start in my truck while i was driving the icon came on and with car and lock icon and i couldn't start the truck or key start start it so its at the dealer my led strobes are not working either but the radio is and headlights plow other stuff is working i had the that put the remote guy check it out never the less it sits at the dealer the remote start is a prestige and its 4 years old
  2. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

What? Where can we find the question?
  3. PLOWMAN45

anyone encounter this problem
  4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Have the dealer remove the aftermarket remote start and test and or reset the theft system. They will need every ignition key you have for the truck. Those aftermarket remote starts are #1 causes of theft lights and no starts within a few years of their installation. They are junk.
  5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

This is absolutely correct. A lot of times it doesn't even take years for there to be an issue. The installations are usually quite intrusive to the very sensitive electrical and anti-theft systems on newer vehicles. It doesn't help that most of the installers are complete hacks who have no business even being near a vehicle with tools in their hands.
  6. PLOWMAN45

this is costing me 125.00 an hour
  7. PLOWMAN45

it wasnt the remote start it was the guy who put the leds in he used a 2 amp fuse in the ingition switch so the dealership wired it to my aux battery with a fuse all in all it cost 675.00
  8. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

That's crazy. We would have charged an hour anywhere I've worked. I've never personally had an issue with remote starts even though I've heard of it from everyone