1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 Boss Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sierra02, Apr 22, 2011.

1. sierra02

sierra02 Junior Member

Any rumors if there will be any changes to next years boss plows. I'm buying a 7'6 V and wondering to get this years or if its worth the wait for next years.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How about a price increase? how's that for a rumor,or is it fact?

3. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

I've heard rumors of a trip edge v hitting the market

4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

OHHHH, might have to look closer at the Boss plows next time. prsport

5. lawnproslawncar

They won't confirm it as false but they say to wait patiently...LOL

6. lawnproslawncar

I think plow prices won't change until November. There could be a materials cost decrease as the steel market is suppose to come down.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would seriously consider getting one if they come out with one. If they do come out with one, I would like to see the price of one of them.

8. Elite_Maint

Elite_Maint Senior Member

At the end of the day you want a new plow.. if your getting a deal on a brand new 2010 or 2011 model plow now then go or it. If your not getting a deal then wait it out until the late summer or fall and see whats around.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If they come out with a trip edge V that will definatly put a hurt on Fisher.

10. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I love my fishers, but if Boss comes out with a trip-edge vee then I may be making the switch.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yes it will.

12. BlueWing

BlueWing Member

PLEASE do not shoot me on this post!! I am getting a new Western straight blade plow. I have contacted a bunch of different dealers. ALL of them are placing their plow orders in April and May to avoid possible price increases coming this fall. They will get the plows they order in May and June. They are also very willing to cut me a fantastic deal if they know they have one pre-sold when they place there orders with Western.
    With the inflation effecting food, oil and now the shortage of welding gas.
    If you have not heard about the welding gas shortage let me tell you.
    There was a article in the Wall Street Journal this last week that welding gas has a additive in it. The mine where they get this additive in the USA shut down and they do not know when it will be back up running. So, gas suppliers are limiting the amount of welding gas customers can buy and NOT selling it to new customers. They said the prices will be going up big time over the next few weeks.
    I would expect a price increase with all plow manufacturers this fall.
    I contacted Western and they do NOT plan on any major changes with their plow lineup for this next year.
    I can see why. With the economy on the edge of a cliff I am sure all the manufactures do not want to spend a lot of money for R&D, new models and mounts. I would think that over the next couple of years they just want to survive. Because if you do NOT have to have a new plow, your going to make do with what you have until the economy settles down. Putting food on the table and gas in the truck are more important and a shinny new plow on the front of a truck.
    Again, just my 2 cents, please don't flame me over this post!!

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There was a fire that killed two people and shut down production for an unknown period of time at the only American source of calcium carbide the material they use to produce acetylene. few manufacturing operations use acetylene anymore they all use plasma or laser to cut and is never used in production welding applications.

The only change I hear about with Boss is they are changing to Monarch Hydraulics.

14. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I hear Boss is coming out with a New Plow called The "V-Out"....Its all Hush-Hush Right Now.......Its a Trip Edge "V" with Expandable Wings...It Expands to 10'-5" ...Its gonna be Awesome.....:eek:.....Thumbs Up......:laughing:

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I heard a rumor of a Boss chain lift expandable Vee blade with down pressure and wireless HID lights and a thought induced controller.:rolleyes:

16. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Whats the closed width?

17. lawnproslawncar

7 foot I'm sure ;)

18. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I'd hope it'd be wider than that closed.

19. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:...Hasn't that one been done Before....:eek:

20. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Yep couldn,t you see the word BOSS on a CLEAR LEXON PLOW WITH POSITIVE DOWN PRESSURE
    NOT