1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 8611 wiring

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by cet, Oct 17, 2014.

1. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I purchased a used 2012 8611. I believe it came from a 2012 Ford F550. I am putting it on a 2006 Kodiak 5500. Do I have to buy new wiring harnesses or is there an adaptor I can buy for the headlights. I believe the wiring in port A is all the same.

2. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Should be able to just buy adapters.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Am I looking for B62220?

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

You say port A. Do you have an I so module setup?

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have module 29070-1. After digging a little further I think I need part #62227. The truck has a 4 headlight system. The wiring from the high beam and low beam are joined together and at the end have a wide black connector.

I believe the blizzard uses a headlight adaptor for all the trucks, you just buy the corresponding one.

6. bliz&hinikerDLR

Ok. It sounds like you have a PH1 snowplow with PH2 truckside lighting harnesses. Not a big deal but less common than other setups. I need to check on a couple things to give you the correct answer ...

Can you tell us if the plow has the new Storm Seeker headlights that join into a single plug to hookup to the trruck. Or is it still the two 6-pin plugs?
    Are the headlight ends of the wires from ports B and C the H13 plugs for the Ford?

7. bliz&hinikerDLR

Without more info I think you need p/n 29058 ... the only piece of the light harness kit that is different from what I think you currently have for the Ford.

The old lighting harness kit was a P/N 29049. The new lighting harness kit is P/N 29053. The B62227 adapter is not used for an iso module lighting system.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I still have the 2 6 pin plugs.

I don't know what ends are on the wiring. If you want to PM me your email I could send you a picture I have.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I appreciate your help. I did need part #29058 but they didn't have it in stock. So I purchased part #29053 which includes #29058 plus another wiring harness, a power wire and some other things. It was less then buying #29058 by itself, not to sure how that works.