1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 2500 HD 2 plug to MM2 with 3 plugs

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by iraqnbackvet, Oct 1, 2014.

1. iraqnbackvet

iraqnbackvet Junior Member
    from NH

I want to install my 2007 MM2 3 plug plow onto my 2012 2500HD but truck has the 2 plug with 3 port module. The 11 pin plugs from the plow and the truck are both male. Is there a plow side adapter/replacement harness? What am I up against? Is it even possible?

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Your missing something.
    The 12 trk, is it a fleet flex system? (Probably is being a 12)
    Who installed the wiring?

3. iraqnbackvet

from NH

Fleet Flex? Not sure

I installed the harness. I was sold a harness and push plates from Craigslist that stated they were take off parts from another 2012 for a MM2 plow. The harness went in no problem, but me being a dope didnt even notice the 2 plug thing until after. I got the MM2 plow from a friend and discovered it has 3 plugs.....and here I am. Turns out the harness and plates are for a Western Ultrasuperdupermount or something. I was told the western harness and the Fisher harness are the same....but I have no idea. Ive been a mechanic my whole life and never realized how complicated the evolution of plows has been over the years. Like a moving target. It would be nice if there was actually a 3 plug harness available. Help!!

Thanks

Mike

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  4. dieselss

ok, fisher and western ARE compatible, (same company owns western, fisher, blizzard. almost all parts match)
    heres where you need to do some home work.
    WHAT did you buy? an ISO module system or fleet flex system? any part numbers on the wiring or the iso box?
    you have a few (not many options)
    1). change your truckside wiring over to match your truck....might be about 600.00 +
    2). change your plow over to fleet flex ( i'm not evern sure this would be cost effective but throwing this out there)
    so, do your homework, and get back to us. I just did a quick search from the sponcers and found all the parts you would need

5. iraqnbackvet

from NH

OK Heres what I have

I do in fact have a complete Fleet Flex harness with the 2 plugs, a 3 port iso module 29070. I have the controller harness/plug into the cab that is a 4 pin type. Im told I need a kit 21369 (I cant kind it anywhere online for a price),
    a 1121 relay, an adapter of some sort and a 4 pin controller.
    I dont know what exactly the 21369 kit consists of. So KIT...RELAY...ADAPTER...4 pin CONTROLLER. Apparently I will then be able to run any setup (2 or 3 plug).

Mike

6. dieselss

I would call a dealer at this point

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You should need push plates, control harness, 6 pin control and solenoid/relay/marshmallow (we here at PS have renamed solenoid/relay to marshmallow) and short piece of battery cable. You should be able to use fleet flex power harness, you just won't be using the two small pins in that harness. Western push plates will not work with fisher. 4 pin control is for fleet flex. Short piece of battery cable is to go from battery to marshmallow.

8. iraqnbackvet

from NH

Here is what I need

....to move to Florida.

THANK YOU for the help! I have learned a ton about plows, harnesses, controls etc in the past several days. I hate them all. Haha.
    To convert my Fleet Flex harness setup to Minute Mount 3 plug I need:

Isolation Module Conversion Kit 26431 $214.00 ish
    4 Post solenoid 5794K-1 $12.00 ish
    Pos Batt Cable 22511 $8.00 ish I'll make one
    Fisher Adapter Plug 29047 $15.00 ish

This kit will apparently allow me to hook up either a 2 plug or 3 plug plow. I also think my 6 pin fishstick will be usable with this kit as well.
    Let me know if I'm wrong on any of this.