1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 2500 cummins and plow?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by EnesG, Jul 20, 2012.

1. EnesG

EnesG Junior Member
    from MN

so, who has a 2012 and a plow on it?
    which plow do you have?
    and did you have to cut the bumper in any way?
  2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

I have a Fisher Extreme V 9.6 on my 2011,
    Need to cut the air dam for the mount.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got an '11 2500 with the CTD and an 8.2' Boss V.

Had to make notches in the air dam for the mount.

Next Friday I pick up a '12 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi that'll have an 8.2 Boss V.

Decided I would go back to trying a gasser after 10 years of diesels since diesel is +/- .30 per gallon more here.

I have it figured out I'd have to drive about 160k miles to save the $7,000 for the diesel.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty ugly math, isn't it?
  5. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I just bought an 2012 2500HD with a 5.7 Hemi.
    Putting a 8' X-Blade on it, Just picked up the frame mount last week. I will just take off the lower valance dont feel like cutting up stuff just yet

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Only if a 2012 cab could fall onto a shortened flat nose blue bird bus frame.... Most came with a p pumped 12valve and a Allison auto..... Dependable and fuel efficient.
  7. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Dependable.... yes.... fuel efficient ???? the allison 545 ???

From what I heard about those transmissions is that they're really stout, nearly indestructible and perfect for plowing snow, but without a 4th gear, will cause the engine to run at a much higher rev, hence the poor fuel economy result.