1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012-2013 Snow Forecast

Discussion in 'Weather' started by ken643, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

My wife found this online, thought I would pass it on. Looks good for me here in NJ. But we all know the weather guessers.

2012snow.jpg

2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I think I will start sending that out with my seasonal contract for proposals. Lol. I just heard yesterday that the Weather Channel will start naming blizzards like they do hurricanes. I think Athena will be the first one.

3. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I like that ideaThumbs Up

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I was watching the weather channel tonight and a meteorologist said El nino wasn't happening. Not even a weak one. That we would stay in Neutral. Neutral winter is hard to forecast he said and he wouldn't make a prediction yet on what this winter would be like

5. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

yes el nino is dead, what we hav is a la nada going on, but if the NAO goes negative, it can get cold, and snow , but thats only a small piece of this winters puzzle

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You guys are making my day. Keep talking lots of snow, and giving me hope for a productive winter...

Gracias Amigos ! Thumbs Up

7. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

8. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

9. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

10. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

11. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Thats ALL total BS . theres no predicting months in advance. You need to wake up at 3AM and look out your window , thats the only accuweather forcast you can go by . Your making yourself nuts with all this crap.

12. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Agree, they were all wrong last year. What makes it any different this year.

13. Dendrite

Dendrite Junior Member

I agree. Last year was a bust. Let's hope this year makes up for the lack in winter last year! Also, I'm not sure if you guys have heard of WeatherBELL... but I used them last winter and am returning again this winter. They are surprisingly a really useful service (even though the winter was less than ideal)... full access to their meteorologists and all. I always like when people pass along useful information, so I thought I would let you all know.

14. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Shoot, they only got it right once last year, and that was 24 hours out. Every other forecast last season was wrong.

15. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I;m a weatherbell member, since day 1

16. Charles

I think when storms start rolling into California on a regular basis, then we will know El Nino is taking effect. I was watching WC yesterday and they were showing that Southern California was getting its first rains in a long time. That is a good signussmileyflag

17. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Thats really not a sign of el nino, it just mean we hav an active sub tropic jet stream something that was lacking last year:eek:

18. Charles

Yea that leads to storms moving into Southern California and then they track across the south half of the US. Typical La Nina summers winters, the jet stream shifts to the north but there were other factors last winters that made it shift way far north:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Niño–Southern_Oscillation

" Meanwhile, significantly wetter winters are present in northwest Mexico and the southwest United States including central and southern California, "

19. KDB33

KDB33 Junior Member

That is the same thing the old farmers almanac is saying for this season. Not looking good for me again this year hear in WI.

20. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I won;t be to sur, if storms cut to my west u'll end up getting some type of snow, this winters pattern anything can happen, keep the faith ,and good luck this season!!!