1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2012 - 2013 plow season, pics/vids

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 91AK250, Sep 29, 2012.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

well its that time of year guys, we have had our first snow up the hill at the 2000' elevation with rain/snow mixing at my house as i type. winter is right around the corner! this wont stay but the real stuff is coming. thought i'd share the pics from tonight. taken at 9pm 9/28/12 in Anchorage Hillside.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gotta get the plow all serviced, a exhaust system put on the truck and an oil change in it and i should be all ready to go!

happy plowing!

2. 91AK250

3. 91AK250

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

It is so nice to see some white stuff. It sure is right around the corner now. Good luck this year!payup

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I know you're used to it but it's far too early for that stuff down here.

Looks nice though.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I hope we get buried this winter. Thanks for the pics.

7. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Nope my concrete season can start back in the spring. Its never to early.

8. 91AK250

yeah, this is not our earliest snow fall. but this did kind of take everyone by surprise. i have 8 sets of snow tires i have to get mounted on 8 cars/trucks so i should prolly start on that now since studded tires have been legal since sept 15th.

here was the offical numbers from around town.
    [​IMG]

i got around 3-4" at my house. up the hill it actually stuck to the roads and made it alittle slick.
    [​IMG]

i went out to Wasilla and Palmer today which just barley got a dusting it was a beautiful sunny day but did not get out of the low 40s.
    [​IMG]

came home tonight, still had a decent amount of snow on the cars and grass
    [​IMG]

9. 91AK250

took the corvette out for the last drive tonight, washed and covered in the garage after tomorrow!

[​IMG]

this week the plow is getting a service, the truck will get an oil change and new exhaust system. then i'll add my ballest and bring the snow on!
    [​IMG]

10. 91AK250

more today, dont know if this will stick but not long and it will be all white.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Awesome! I'd love to see just a flurry. It's going to be high 70's today.....gross.

12. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Had some of that gropple stuff (snow pellets, but not really sleet) for about ten seconds on Friday here in Central New York.

13. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

send some out this way to NH please! i cant wait til the snow is here to stay for the winter!

14. 91AK250

real stuff today! ranging from .4" to 6" depending where in town you were.

i got home, hooked the plow up. filled the truck up. had a bad miss. same plug wire that bothers me every year. went to push it back on and it busted in my hand. so i had a extra old one i slapped on but im going to replace all of them this weekend! after that she ran wonderful!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k17va9yKf1o&feature=youtu.be

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Good video. That driveway cleaned up well.

16. 91AK250

first plow is the only time you'll see pavement afterword. rest of the winter it will be all white lol

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Good video. I see the inspector showed up just as you were finishing to make sure it was done right.

18. Squires

Squires Senior Member

you plowing in low range?
    if not is the truck ideling high?
    Seems to jump from forward to reverse, unless your one of those people who don't use the brake between shifts haha
    Must be nice to have snow looks fun.

19. 91AK250

i always plow in 4Low and i make full stops when switching between gears! wanna save this tranny lol

that damn dog is going to get shot one of these days. they let it run loose and gets into everyones crap!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  20. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It's the owner that needs to be shot not the dog. :D