1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011's verdict

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by TPC Services, Mar 10, 2011.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

so lets here you guys with your new 2011 6.7 Scorpion diesels, how have they been preforming. and big issues with them yet??

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I only have 4200 miles on mine but I love the truck! The only problem I have had with the truck was the motor for the heater blend door went out and I had issues controlling cabin temp. I am getting around 15-18 mpg normally so far

3. onsight

onsight Senior Member

I have about 11000 on mine and absolutely love it. Tons of power for plowing/hauling. I think Ford got it right.

4. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

the wierd thing is you go to the ford diesel talk forums an there's alot of guys complaining on egr's issues, truck dieing for no reason, blowin motors, bad injectors, an getting crappy milage. thought I would see how guys that use their's for real have been going. I beting most those problems i mention are becasue you have some guy in a frigging suit driving it!!

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

no problems here. On my 7th super duty since 99 and this one may be the best one yet

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Really not enough miles on these things yet. Once the fleets get ahold of them and rack some miles up, then we will know.

7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

The thing you have to remember is most people on diesel forums are either diesel junkies like me, or people who are having problems with the trucks and seek out a forum for answers. People who are not into diesels or are not having problems are not getting on the forums and posting "another day with no problems" lol. Like they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Robert

8. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

Have 12000 miles on mine and love it..Never a lack of power with this truck!!!

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We should be getting a new ambulance soon. I get new ones. I will let you know. We can put 2,000 a week on them.

10. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

17000 miles on mine motor is the best thinG since siced bread. my truck has eatin a fuel pressure regulator, new rear drive shaft, tcm, a trans and the battery light has been on and off for the past month. bigest problem with the truck is bad dealer service in my area, as i feel if they fixed the charging problem the tcm and trans would still be fine. even with all that I LOVE THIS TRUCK Thumbs Up

11. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

That's not bad for 17,000 miles, I'd be thrilled :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

12. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

A trans in 17,000 miles??? WTF?

13. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

If your new ambulance is based on an E Series van, you won't be getting the new motor though. (Won't fit.) If it's based on the F-Series trucks, you're going to love it.

14. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

is what it is, with anything there will always be a few bad nothing is perfect. go test drive one most fall in love with the trucks. bigest down fall is the price

15. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

trans blew at 14000, o was out salting went to turn around put the truck in reverce and there was about 30 second delay went to go foward and the truck was stuck in 5th gear. ran my load of salt of took it in dealer said it was a tcm it would take a week to get. a week later dealer calls says the tcm is in but after a test drive the trans did not feel right so after 10 days of the truck being at the dealer for a trans problem they though to check the fluid :realmad: idk why that was not the first thing but whatever, there was metal in the fluid so they ordered a new trans 18 days in the shop

16. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Bummer no new diesel in an ambulance! There was talk they will go back to big V8 gas engines. That would be great to have a V10 if it goes anything like the old 460 gas.

17. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

The V-10 is gone too... it would be the new 6.2 V8 gas motor that replaced it

18. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Have 11 F250 Crewcab 4wd Use for personal not plow.

17K miles it been great. Not ever need plug block heater in -20oF it just start like it was gasser.

mpg is alright due leadfoot 4wd 14 mpg- City in rush hour 15- Hwy 70-85 mph 17-19. Drive at 60 mph 20-22.

Only refilled that exhaust fluid 2 times far.

Only issues
    Bed floor split open.
    It chew rear tires so bad.:eek: If you cruise like 40-45 mph and need get in way you push on gas pedal next thing you know you broke traction and speedometer jump from 45 to 80 mph. It got while for us to sensitive on gas pedal.

Ride is little stiff but isn't fun on potholes. our 2 01 f250s does better on potholes due it 200K miles.

19. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I think the v-10 is still being offerd but only in cab and chasis models, so it might be in the ambulances

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Good to know they hold up under use:rolleyes::whistling: