1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 tundra ht,sd or hd fisher

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by Hedgehog, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I had a 7'6" Curtis plow on my tundra a few years ago and didn't like it so I sold it and bought a atv with plow. Well the atv takes a little longer than I want and sometimes has trouble pushing heavy snow the distance I need for I was looking to upgrade. I tried talking the wife into a kubota bx series tractor with loader but she's not going for it. Now I'm thinking of putting another plow on my 2011 tundra. I wanted to go with at least a fisher sd if not hd but the local dealer said I can only put a ht. he said that the ht will out perform sad or hd on the tundra due to the direct piston scrape lock feature. Is this true? What plow would you recommend for my tundra? I already have a 3" lift in front and 2" in rear. Any advice appreciated .

2. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

Also, what can I expect to pay for a fisher setup? I saw a used one online for $3500 but that seemed high for a used plow.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm putting an 8' HD on my 2012 Rock Warrior. I have Bilstien 5100 ride height adjustment coil overs and Timbrens. You will be fine with a 7.5' HD and if you're nervous about it get a set of Timbrens. My Dad has a 7.5' SD on his Tundra and it's a great plow but, the HD is quite a bit better for heavy snow since it's heavier and it won't ride up as much. If you can't get a HD then get the SD, the SD is a lot more rugged than the HT. $3,500 is about right for a good used one. The new ones go for around $5,000. How big is your driveway?

4. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

My driveway is 2 cars wide and approx. 80' long. Then it turns to 3 cars wide in front of my garage. I also have a parking area for my tenants that is approx. 30' X 40'.
    How do you think the snowdogg's are? My friend sells them at his show and will sell me one cash and carry for $3200.

5. mercer_me

I'm assuming that price is for a 7.5' strait blade? I have heard nothing but good things about Snow Dogg but, the thing I don't like about the strait blades is they are a trip blade. I prefer a trip edge like Fisher has. If you don't care one way or the other then I think the Snow Dogg would be a pretty decent plow. You don't have much plowing to do so, if you go with a Fisher you would be fine with an SD.

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I seen a Tundra last season running a Western 7.6 V plow Look cool on it

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Sd has trip edge plows as well

8. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

The very least, get a 7'6'' SD, but, since you have a lift on it, I would go for an 8' HD. Where in Mass are you? There are places near me that would have no problem putting an HD on your truck, they actually talked me out of getting the HT plow, said it was junk, and the very least get a SD

9. mercer_me

The dealer my Dad bought his SD from said the same thing about the HT. They also said they didn't want to put a 7.5' HD on a Tundra because they can't handle it (I know know they are wrong about the HD). But, they said they would put ANY plow we wanted on, they just couldn't guarantee if we would be happy with it.

10. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

i have a 7'6" curtis,its been on three trucks,one ford two tundras,i love it. its heavy,almost as heavy as some 8 foot blades. all that said when i can afford to upgrade plows on my tundra it will be a 8'2" boss

11. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Nice!!! Boss plows are awesome, my buddy just bought an older F 250 (older like around a 2004-2005 model) with an 8' boss on it, great combo, are you gonna get the xvt or a straight blade?

12. mercer_me

There is a guy on another Toyota forum has an 8'2" Boss VXT on his Tundra and he said it handles it great. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...2013/327813-any-tundra-plowers-out-there.html

Boss makes a really nice plow and if I was planning on plowing more driveways I would have put a Boss VXT on my Tundra.

13. rancherman84

i want the XVT,i have no doubts the truck will handle it

14. rancherman84

15. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Sic set up, lol, the plow matches so good with the color of the truck

16. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

I have an 11 tundra with a 7.5 hd and a 15 tundra with a 7.5 hd. They both handle it with no problem.

17. mercer_me

I would love to see pictures of both trucks. I'm getting my 8' HD Fisher installed on my 2012 Rock Warrior on November 4.