1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by goodrich, Nov 24, 2010.

1. goodrich

goodrich Junior Member
    from Vermont

Hello, I recently bought a 2011 Tahoe after my 1500 truck's engine died. I had a new Fisher HT plow on the truck that I just bought last Janurary. My question is can I safely install this plow on my Tahoe? I have checked with 2 local Chevy dealers and they are recommending different advice. One dealer said the front end suspensions are the same for the Tahoe and 1500 Silverado truck, the other disagrees, saying that they are not the same, with the Tahoe having a lighter front end. Yet my Tahoe has the recommended 3600lb. rating for the Fisher HT plow. ??? I'm confused, has anyone out there mounted a plow on a late model Tahoe?

Thanks a lot~

2. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

I don't know if this helps but one of my favorite rigs of all time was my 96 4 door tahoe with 7.5 fisher rd plow. I added timbrens, and heavier ply tires and it was a beast. I might have had a tub or two of sand in the rear for balance. I see tahoe's in my area with plows so it can be done. It sure is plowing in luxuary.
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the front ends are the same, the rear ends are different. It'll handle it fine.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Like I said on the in the Non Comercial Forum. Your HT should go on your Tahoe with no problems. Get it put on don't worry about it.
  5. mikeschank

mikeschank Junior Member

tahoe fisher

go the fisher engineering and check the e-match system. it will be your best bet to check compatibiltiy. as a sales rep for a plow shop, we use it daily. i am thinking on doing it on my 1999 tahoe. it has 193k on it
  6. mikeschank

mikeschank Junior Member

i just ran e-match, and I had to use 2010 to get a suv and it only calls for a homesteder. just ask the fisher installer if he will do it for you. it is a liability for them, but it may work out without a hitch
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010