1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 super duty f250 or f350 FAWR?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by goodlivin33, Oct 6, 2010.

1. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

hello, i have been looking at the f250 and f350 and can only afford the 6.2 so that is not the question. but i would like some info on the front axle rating of them and weather to get short or long bed, single cab or cab and a half..anything you guys can help with is much appreciated

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

The cab configuration is up to you and your needs. I am a big fan of long boxes seems weird to me to have a 3/4 or 1 ton and not be able to fit what you need especially if you want to put a toolbox in it. The cab is up to you if it is just a work truck or you don't have kids or see much of a need to haul people you can't beat a reg cab for plowing. However the back seat is nice for gear you don't want to get wet. Not a lot of help just my opinions. Not sure on the front axle weight ratings but with the gas motor I am sure you can get a heavy enough rating for any plow.

3. svt2205

svt2205 Member

4. goodlivin33

thanks, for the links and advise..

5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

The cab configuration is all up to you. What size blade do you want to carry?

Know that with a coil sprung front end and a (lighter than diesel) gas engine, you should be able to carry basically anything you want with the right springs. It's not like before where if you wanted to plow, you were restricted to a RC/LB for weight savings.

6. goodlivin33

the spec sheets were very helpful and it is something i should give to my local dealer..i guess the days of having a salesman that actually knows their vehicles is long over and now you have to resort to the web and people who have been there done that thanks.

7. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Wait, you could get knowledgeable salesman before the internet! Clearly sir, you must drag me to this phenomenon, for I cannot believe it till' I have laid my own two eyeballs upon it.

8. goodlivin33

?????????????????????

9. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Fancy way of saying all the salesmen I have ever met were idiots. ;)