1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 silverado hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PITCH, Sep 21, 2010.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

I am confused. When you get on fisher or western's e-match a 2500hd can handle a bigger plow than a 3500. What is the deal. Same configurations crew cab d-max short bed. A 3500 reg cab d-max has even less plows listed for an option. Any explanation would be appreciated. I thought these truck with the 6000# fronts would handle anything
  2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

They probably go by GVW for liability reasons and that Duramax/Allison combo adds significant weight that will eat into that GVW
  3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Look at the second chart on this page.

For example. The chart below shows an RCLB 3500hd at 975lbs max plow weight with another 100 removed from that number for truckside hardware, with the Duramax. The plow weight is based on a 150lb person with an equal weight occupant. Now, say you are the only one in the truck. Then an XLS (not reccomended) at 985lbs can go on the truck. A 2500hd allows for a 1000lb plow and the 100lb truckside hardware. Dont ask me why, just the way GM did their calculating.

Edit: I wonder if the eMatch is off. A 9 foot x-blade is 835lbs and isnt even on the list for the 3500hd dmax rclb. ??? It can go on their according to GM. So can an 8'6" Xtreme V at 876 lbs. To be completely honest, that chart below and the weight on the plow mfg site would be a better guide to what can go on.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010