1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 silverado hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PITCH, Aug 20, 2010.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

Getting ready to order a new 2011 hd d-max. Just wondering if anybody has any information about different tires for the 20 inch wheels. I'm not impressed with the stock goodyear wrangler sra's that come with it. I don't see any other options for tires except changing sizes. Stock are 275 60r 20. Bfg makes a 275 65r 20. I'm wondering if there are any rubbing issues with the bfg's?? Any feedback would be appriciated.

2. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

I'm not sure anybody out there will have too much experience yet with swapping tire sizes on those trucks yet, but I can't see that going to a 65 series tire will cause any rubbing issues. If the clearances were that close to begin with that would be a problem in itself.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I have 305 50 r20's on my 09 and they rub just a tad... Its the width that makes them rub, not the heigth as much

4. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

Those 305's would be almost an inch wider. I think you'll be okay with a little extra height. Also, good to see some of the new chevy's starting to enter the PS stable as opposed to all the new Fords lately. Hopefully the truck is good for you

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Just a thought - the plow package isn't available with the 20s. I'm sure there's a way around it, but that's what they tell me.

6. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

That can be had. Try the build and price on Chevy.com. 20's and plow prep can be had. Ford can do it, and now GM can. Even with a dmax. And on the order guides, the only restriction on VYU is sunroof. VYU can be equipped on an automatic climate control truck as well (2007-2010 you couldn't). We had our first dmax crew cab delivered the other day (was a customer order) and it was an LTZ crew cab with 18's and plow prep. The torsion bars were huge with that 6000lbs front end.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  7. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Just a note I had a look the other day at a 2011 HD. Was a crew cab short box 6L gas. Had plow prep and the door sticker showed 5200lb front axle weight.

Thought plow prep bumped the gasser to 5600lb? Has GM pulled back on this?

8. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Another point....BIG point.

Anyone else catch where the Urea tank is???

Its right behind the passenger front wheel hanging down from the frame... I see big issues plowing with the new dmax....I would for sure rip that thing off or damage it pushing snow into a snow bank or plowing a drivethru..(always run over snow in drivethru's thank god for steps bars).
    Hell I need a new skid plate after last winter..somehow mangled it.

9. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

No i thought it was 5200 for the gasser and 6000 for the dmax...

10. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

I saw that too - and had the same thoughts. Even all the road slush/salt would accumulate all over the tank. Then, as you say, if something pushes in that area - watch out!

11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

2500hd with VYU:

Reg. cab long box: 5200lbs gas, 6000lbs diesel.

Ext. cab short box: 5200lbs gas, 6000lbs diesel.

Ext. cab long box: 5600lbs gas, 6000lbs diesel.

Crew cab short box: 5200lbs gas, 6000lbs diesel.

Crew cab long box: 5600lbs gas, 6000lbs diesel.

3500hd SRW with VYU:

Reg. cab long box: 5600lbs gas, 6000lbs diesel.

Crew cab short box: 5600lbs gas, 6000lbs diesel.

3500hd DRW with VYU:

Reg. cab long box: 5600lbs gas, 6000lbs diesel.

Sure the tank is low, but its not the lowest point. Lowest points near it are the crossmember right behind it, and the t-case skid.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  12. EXR

EXR Senior Member

I just found that data on the front axle weight. crew cab's are 5200lb, which is the one I seen.

As for the urea tank, it might not be the lowest point, however you where it is located. Right behind the passenger side wheel.