1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 silverado 4x4 plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Chevy Silverado, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Chevy Silverado

Chevy Silverado Junior Member

Hi everyone ,

Need some help! couple off questions

1. I have a 2011 Silverado 1500 5.3 Crew cab short box with cap, would this truck be ok for driveways and small parking lots?

2. I do have a plow 7.6ft need a mount for the truck my meyers plow has the 4blue and 2yellow hook up is it easy find a mount and hook it up?

3. Should I do anything to the front end for support and the sitting higher?
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

What kind of results did you get with the search feature of this website?
  3. Chevy Silverado

Chevy Silverado Junior Member

none yet still learning new to the site
  4. BlackKnight07

BlackKnight07 Member

Leveling kit for the Front end wouldn't hurt, just make sure its steel and not that poly crap. Cap is going to be a pita to back up with hard to see with them. I'm sure more experienced guys/gal will have more info.
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long for driveways and hard to see with the cap, you do a lot of backing up and going round corners with driveways. can you, yes, I wouldn't.