1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Silverado 2500HD Strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by obrut, Jan 4, 2012.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I have a 11 2500HD with plow prep and I wanted to add strobes to it but don't want anything on the outside of the truck. I was looking at strobes n' more and they have a whelen avenger that I could use for the front and then maybe something similar for the rear window.

What I want is something that works with the factory switch with no drilling to mount. Does anyone have a setup like this?

2. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

If it were me...i would go with a dual led dash light and two dual lights in the back window. Personally i love the soundoff predator. I have one in blue and clear for the fd and would buy another in a heart beat. And then like the svp mini phantoms in the back window. I was looking at putting those in mine and all the way around, front and back. They are very small and versatile but pack a big punch.

3. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

the svp mini are nice but $253 for the amber ones is to much, they do have a single for $99, this might be a option for the rear.

I was thinking something like the whelen avenger or something similar behind the review mirror and then something in the back. Is there a way to add amber strobes to the third brake light in the clear lense?

I would want to control all this with the push of the factory roof light switch.

4. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

The svp dual light is 80 some plus the mounting bracket for 10 bucks. You are saying 250 for three dual mini phantoms arent you? You can put hideaways in the 3rd brake light/cargo light and im sure there are some writeups in this section on it.

5. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

I have a pair of sound off hide away leds in mine......they work awesome. No more bed lights but they don't do to well anyway.

6. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

I also like the phantom because it comes with a bracket that clamps to the mirror itself. But go with what you feel is best for your needs

7. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

The phatom clamps to the mirror? I didn't see that one.

Those prices were from a different web site, I was doing some searching for different lights.

I will have to do some searching for a write up on installing strobes in the third brake light, I wonder if its possible to keep the bed lights too. thanks

8. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Look at a thread called dissociative does great work. Also maybe pm him about it. His name is george and he is a very helpful guy! Yea watch the video of the phantom on strobesnmore site and it will show the mirror clamp.

9. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Guy just posted a video with two phantoms in the back window. Strobes in chevy 1500

10. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I think I might just do two amber whelen vertex LEDs in the third brake light and the whelen avenger super LED and see if I can get it behind the review mirror or maybe off to the passenger side. Will I be able to run all three of the factory switch?

11. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Which switch did you want to run them off of

12. SnowPlowingDude

SnowPlowingDude Junior Member

2011 Chevy 2500 hd

I have a 2011 Chevy 2500 hd, with the Prep, just had 6 amber Whelen Vertex's installed and it came out good. All wired to the Snow Prep switch. 2 in the front turn signals, 2 in the reverse lights and two in the cargo lights. It's nice using that Prep Package switch, looks sharp and the switch lights up with your dash lights at night.

Heres a video of my truck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF1lsYJNDzY&feature=player_profilepage

13. massfirefighter

from mass.

The roof switch is good for 30 amps which is plenty for an led setup. There's 2 blunt cut wires above the headliner near the switch that come off a relay that's mounted behind the interior light. One is hot and the other ground, I forget which color is which.

14. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks for the help everyone, I think the two LEDs in the third brake light and the avenger behind the review mirror should be enough for me. I read about the atomic lights, I guess there is no way to mount anything into the factory roof lights.

The best setup for me would be something in the 3 factory roof lights and 2 LEDs in the third brake light.

15. massfirefighter

from mass.

16. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Seen that one before. That **** is crazy!

17. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL