1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 2003 Silverado, Jun 30, 2016.

1. 2003 Silverado

2003 Silverado Junior Member

I have a Western HTS plow that came off of my 2003 Silverado 1500 that I just traded in. I am planning on moving it to my 2011 Silverado 1500 that I bought. The new truck just seems to not sit quite as high and seems not quite as rugged as my old truck. I am a little hesitant to put the plow on it. Anyone else with a newer 1/2 ton Chevy have plows on them? I do just a half dozen residential driveways and 2 small parking lots, a church and a fire station.
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The question is begging to be asked.
    Why then, did you buy the newer 1500?

But back to your Q, yes, folks still plow with 1/2 toners.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a unimount or ultramount?
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

HTS....is ultramount, slipping old man.
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

That truck have torsion bars? Crank them up bout 5 turns, put the plow on and have at it. You will be fine.
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea I am.....been away from it to long now
  7. coke813

coke813 Member

You can plow with a half ton if you take 'er easy. Once the HTS receivers are taken off for spring, you don't sacrifice any ground clearance. Front timbrens are probably a good idea as well.
  8. 2003 Silverado

2003 Silverado Junior Member

My 2003 had the typical Chevy rust, rockers, cab corners, etc. going on.
  9. vortec7622

vortec7622 Junior Member

That truck will be perfectly fine with that plow. If the ground clearance bothers you, front leveling kits in the form of coil spacers are rather inexpensive.
  10. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

This is a minor problem for a good running truck not loaded up with miles. I just put floor pan, rocker panel and cab corners on a 2002 GMC 2500HD duramax 165k miles on the drivers side.

They are easily cut out and miged back in. We send then out for paint.