1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Ram Longhorn (hide away strobes)

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Earthworks2011, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Earthworks2011

Earthworks2011 Junior Member

Anyone able to send me a link for reasonable hide aways?

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Would you want LEDs or tubes?

3. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

Have you looked at Strobes n More? They are a sponsor here and I have always had very good dealings with them in the past. They also offer free shipping to plowsite memebers.

4. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Have you ever plowed all night with those mounted in the headlites ? I had them in my old truck and never again , the strobes bouncing off the back of the plow all night will have you seeing flashes in your sleep . Iv gone back to roof mounted , way better and way cheaper.

5. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

I have personally never run strobes in headlights. The last 2 trucks I have had (2003 Dodge and my current 2005 Dodge) I put the front strobe bulbs in the turn signals. They seem to project off more at a 45 degree angle from the truck and I dont seem to get any bounce off the back of the plow. Now I can also say that I have seen one truck that had a white plow on it and the strobe light did seem to bounce off of it to a degree, not sure how bad it would be to drive with it all night like that, I guess what I'm trying to say is the color of the plow may also have some impact on the degree of bounceback in addition to the mounting location of the strobes.