1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Ram 1500 Longhorn & 7.6 MDV

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Jim@esitrucks, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

First off, this truck is waaaaaayyy too nice to be a plow truck. That being said, the customer wanted it, so here you go
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

What's a long horn? Is that like their version of a king ranch?

And that new plow has a scratch in it... :alien:

4. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i cant tell you how many beautiful brand new trucks i put plows on and it made a tear come to my eye.

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Comparable to a Denali. top of the line Dodge Truck. I just put a plow on my Laramie which is also to nice to plow...

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yea, they're version of the king ranch...saddle leather the whole nine. The plow is actually a prototype..got a little damaged in shipping. The deal he got on it he is not worried about the scratch.

7. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

That plow is pretty tall by the picture!
    Here is a Fisher on a 2500 Ram

216795_236666596364939_196532157045050_771703_31887_n.jpg

8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yea the VMD is 27 to 33 inches tall

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We LOVE installing plows on the nice new trucks, easier to work on them the older trucks and they are so pretty when they are done. Like trimming BMW and Merc fascias for trailer hitches, it's FUN to slice and dice on top of the line equipment.Of course you have to be extra careful :mechanic:payup

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'll pop its cherry plowing with it.Thumbs Up

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure there is anything to nice to plow in. If we are going to live in them for 5 months you might as well be comfortable.

It's hard to find a reg cab long box around here. You almost have to order it.

12. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Your darn right... If your putting 1000 hours a year or more on a pickup it better have most of the goodies!!! Thats a long long long time every year to sit in there....

13. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Good point there...I sat in it for a bit and its REALLY comfy...operator is gonna be one happy fellow for sure

14. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

From an owner and operator point of view I totally agree!!!!! To have a careless operator in a truck or piece of equipment I disagree. They wrack it one way or another and it wasn't their fault....

15. bigstumpyd

bigstumpyd Junior Member

Whats your price on a 8 foot md shipped to 63051
    Thanks

16. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Nice truck, kind of reminds me of the 08 Harley Davidson F350 I saw a while back with a big V plow hung off the front.

17. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey Jim @ ESI
    Hope all is well but in that proto type pice is there a small piece between the large blade and the curved piece in the middle and if so do it affect the trip edge and did they change that config on the new ones making the blade all one piece or or just doing away with the little extra part between balde and center piece ......... thanks JimThumbs Up

18. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

No it does not affect it at all...must be part of how they make em cause that fisher pic up there has the exact same piece....

19. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey Jim nice lookin rig and plow...Question Can you find out if you can mount the dogg wings on the 7.5 vx or is that just for 8.5 and 9.5 only??????? JWK

20. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

that is a sweeeeeet setup. Cant believe someone put a V plow on a new ram 1500!