1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Nissan Frontier install/MD68 tips/issues

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by hilojack, Sep 25, 2011.

1. hilojack

hilojack Junior Member
    from RI

First off DO NOT REMOVE THE BUMPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not required and in no way shape or form does it make installation any easier. The bolts for the top of the mounting bracket can be drilled and installed by turning the wheel, you don't even have to remove it. All you have to do is bend the attached wire "handle" and put them in through an existing access hole in the frame right near where you drill the holes. Tighten these "handle bolts" by hand until they snug up. I ran them in with my impact gun and actually wound one of the "handles" like a pigs tail into the frame cavity. I caugt it at the last second and was able to use vice grips to hold the rest of the handle until it snugged up You will have to cut the skid plate to install the mid frame mount and the small air dam in the front needs a couple slits cut into it to slide by the brackets but that is pretty easy and it looks great when it is all put back together. Again I have to say “DO NOT REMOVE THE BUMPER”. The spacer for the mid frame support is the wrong size. You will have to ream out the hole in the truck frame to get the spacer in. It is a real pain in the ass off of jack stands but probably won't be too bad off a lift. Unfortunately I don't own one so it was a real pain in the butt.

Also I noticed that the lever that pulls the pin back for mounting to the truck is ridiculously hard to pull back. I noticed that the bolts that hold the lever to the bar that connects to the pins are too long. They bind on the top of the bracket and prevent the lever from moving freely and gouge the hell out of the paint. I removed the bolts, cut about 3/16 off and re-installed. The lever moves much easier now but it still seems a little stiff for only the spring tension. Overall I really like the frame assembly. It is very beefy and very well put together. The installation is actually fairly easy except for the spacer being the wrong size and the dam instructions emphasizing to "REMOVE THE BUMPER" in the first step. That really ticked me off as there was no reason to do it and a lot of time wasted removing and re-installing it.

So far the 3 things I have had issues with are signs of poor engineering and quality control. Wrong size bolts, wrong size spacer and bad instructions? I hope next weekend when I install the wiring it all goes a little smoother.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  2. ppap

ppap Junior Member

Post some pictures, especially with the blade raised. I'm interested in seeing the drop in the front suspension.