1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 New Holland L220

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by plowfever, Nov 30, 2011.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Hey guys here is the new purchase. It is a 2011 New Holland L220. All the options are: heat/ac, 2 speed, hyrdraluic coupler, radio, beacon just now installed yet. I have used it for about 5 hours so far and it seems to be a good machine. Very comfortable and has tons of visibility. After demoing the Deere, Bobcat, Cat and New Holland I just like to many feature this had over the rest.

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Looks cool! Spray all hydraulic lines and fittings with Fluid Film. I did my new skid last year and it works like a charm...no rusty.Thumbs Up
  3. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

That is the project for the morning. I brought it home today and pressured washed off all the dirt from plowing last night so I could get a good coat on the loader and box both. Love that stuff!
  4. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Awesome, controls? What size box? If you don't mind asking , How much for the loader? How long did it take to get? Looks great.
  5. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Spray fluid film on everything make sure to tilt the cab and spray there also, this is what we did on our new machine last week looks good Thumbs Up
  6. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

The machine has EH controls and out the door after taxes and all was around $36,000. The box is 8' I wanted to go 10' but was afraid it would be powerful enough to handle it if we got some deep snow.
  7. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Was that just for the loader or both(loader and pusher)?
  8. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Just the loader. Pusher box was $2000.
  9. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

nice machine I should have my 225 in by next week good luck
  10. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

Very nice !
  11. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

After demoing all the other units, would you mind going into further detail as to what exactly made you choose the NH? I haven't talked to many guys who tried them all.

I for one demoed the NH 225 and didn't care for it, I thought there were too many plastic parts and just couldn't get comfortable in it.

On the other hand I did not demo any others and as you can see in my avatar I am a NH owner right now.

I was getting ready to move forward with the bobcat 650, but at $44K I couldn't do it, and then that was the end of that venture.

12. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

WOW! 44k someone is trying to rip you off we just got our 2012 S650 in last monday and with heat/ac/2 spd only paid 36k
  13. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I will try to explain why I decided on NH the best I can. In all honesty they all have there pros and cons.

I will start with Deere:
    I have been a loyal customer to the green and yellow for many years and figured I would buy one of there loaders but there were just some things I couldn't get over. I don't like how the back door doesn't open to get to the radiator, visibility was terrible and I didn't like that they don't have a hand throttle on machines with EH controls it is a dial up on the instrument panel. I know this sounds funny but I didn't like how dark the interior was. It felt very dark and gloomy and I know that doesn't really matter but it was something that bothered me. I also thought the controls were jerky and not smooth. There were things I did like. The throttle was nice as if you got out of the machine it would automatically idle down and as soon as you hit the controls it would rev back up. Dealer is local and has treated me very well but if you don't like the machine you don't like the machine.

I have had bobcats in the past and due to that experience and poor dealer quality I decided I didn't want one of there machines. I have a friend that works for very large contractor and he works on all the bobcats and says they are junk. He says they have problems with wearing holes in the fuel tanks and numerous other little things. He also says they are a royal pain to work on also. I called the dealer to get a quote and never received a call back. With having one in the past I knew I could find a better loader that would hold up better than what Bobcat offers.

This was not an easy decision. My brother in law works for the big Cat dealer in Indiana and told me he would sell me a machine at his price which is just over invoice. I liked there machine. It was smooth and had great power. My big concern was dealer support. I am a small operator and I was afraid if I had a machine down I would be bumped to the back burner if a big contractor needed his stuff done right away. There machine was nice but also lacked visibility.

Case/New Holland
    I really was set on a Case loader but due the dealer being a hour and a half away it came down to dealer support once again. The case was a cheaper than the NH for the same machine but dealer was to far away and was the same as Cat and they are the big Case dealer for the state. Now finally why I choose NH. I was looking at a used L185 the dealer had and I just kind of liked the looks of everything on the new New Holland better. Servicing is easy as they built in an access panel that houses drain plug, oil filter, hydro drain plug and battery. Fuel filter is on rear door and hydro filter is right under the hood. So since I do all my own servicing that was important. Visibility is just unbelievable in these new machines! There is no other machine out there that is this good. That was a huge selling point as well. The controls are smooth and responsive and as good as a Cat. Dealer support is hopefully going to be good. They are local but I have my doubts sense I was supposed to have this machine three days ago and just got yesterday after begging for it. So that may be bad down the road. As far as the loader is concerned I just felt that it had to many good things over the others that were big for me. The visibility, serviceability, and operation were the best in the business I feel. The cab is super quiet and can't even hear the engine hardly at all running WOT.

All in all these machines are all similar. Like I said they all have there good points and all have there bad points but I just felt the New Holland had the least bad points in my situation. So I crowned New Holland the 2011 Skid Steer of the Year!

Hope this helped. If you would like PM me and I can give you a call to discuss more.
  14. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Congrats on the new machine. I think your reasoning against the Bobcat is very weak and they didn't get a fair shake but we all use different things and I'm sure you'll be happy with your new rig.
  15. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

if u have the controls for the dump/curl in your right hand control,pull up the boot and check the wires,they will rub on the mounting bracket and cause the bucket to act up. case has a serv bulliten on this,not sure if nh does.
  16. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on the new machine ! I love my new hollands ,they have been great machines. My current one is a L175 and it has been awsome. All of the reasons you choose new holland are the reason I have stuck with them.

Good luck ,shaun
  17. Joe Blade

Joe Blade Member

looks good

do you like the new cab an visibility?
  18. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Read above, he said cab is super quiet and awesome visibility.
  19. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I feel like I gave Bobcat as fair of a chance as anyone. I have one local dealer that sells them and that I dealt with my old T190 and they were jerks and had poor customer service. The other dealer I called was a large dealer and they didn't even call me back and I left at least three messages. I liked the looks of there new machine and think they have probably improved over my old T190 but if they don't call you back then I'm not going to keep calling.

I will have to check to see if they have a service bulletin on the NH machines. Do you know if that was on the EH control machines?

Controls and visibility are unbelievable! I urge everyone to go look and it will be very clear how much better they are before you ever even step inside the cab!
  20. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Congrats on new machine. New is always nice. I bought a new S650. I did try the others but went BC. Dealer support is hugh though. Enjoy the new paint!