1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 MM on 2011 F350

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mike Dryver, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Mike Dryver

Mike Dryver Junior Member
    from nowhere

My neighbor was out plowing yesterday, and parked the truck to do some snow blowing. note he treats his equipment very gently( no abuse). When he went to use the plow again, it would go up no problem, but would/will fall automatically when he releases the up control. This is the 1st time this has happened. Can anyone indicate the problem.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds to me like a bad controller or his S1 is stuck shifted or it is a check valve.Have him turn the truck on and raise the plow.Disconnect the controller,if the plow drops its the pump if the plow stays raised and doesn't drop then it's the controller

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  3. Mike Dryver

Mike Dryver Junior Member
    from nowhere

2011 mm 2011 f350

Hi Chevyzrule Thanks for reply! It turns out he took the truck to the Fisher dealer around Boston, while I was joining and signing in. They too k the truck in and found metal debris in the lift cylinder. They are not sure where the stuff came from! Said if it happens again to bring back and they will flush the whole system. Thanks again for your reply MikeThumbs Up

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

WOW 1+1 equals 3 on that one