1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Laramie LongHorn w/ No plow-prep package

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Gideon, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Gideon

Gideon Junior Member

I'm new to plowing, and I plan on tackling it this winter. What does this plow-prep package contain anyway, and is there a way if needed to get it done on my truck now??
  2. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Not much in the Snow Plow Prep pkg ... bigger battery(s) which the diesel comes with anyway and a bigger alternator ... kind of a joke really but unless your truck was ordered with this pkg then Dodge could cause you some serious grief with future warranty claims if they are tipped off by the dealer. I'd look into the warranty issue for sure.
  3. JD822

JD822 Member

The plow prep package consist's of a high output alternator and a transfer case skidplate. If you do not have this package on your truck, and it is still under warranty, DO NOT plow with it. Dodge WILL void your warranty claims. I was just at the dealer today and that is Dodge policy. There is no way of getting around this. Even if you had 5 miles on the truck and you add a plow to a non plow prep equipped truck, your 5yr/100k warranty is voided. If you contact your dealer and have it installed BEFORE you add the plow, then you might save your warranty. Ask the dealer on that one. If it will, then have the dealer do it so they can enter it into the computer for Chrysler. And it will cost you more $ now then it would of if you had originally added it for the $135 from the factory. But still, if you plan on plowing do it before you get the plow on. Otherwise, your warranty is void.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011